The Student Room Group

Eddie Izzard

With Eddie Izzard coming on the site on Monday to talk to TSR about the EU Referendum, I thought it might worth sharing some of his stuff.

[video="youtube;uPOtBD00Qy0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPOtBD00Qy0[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Are they also getting someone with a contrary opinion in for the sake of fairness and balance?
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
Are they also getting someone with a contrary opinion in for the sake of fairness and balance?

Heya, we have been contacting key figures from the leave campaign - it's now up to them to decide if they want to come on site or not.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya, we have been contacting key figures from the leave campaign - it's now up to them to decide if they want to come on site or not.

Ah, I'm glad to hear that. I support the remain campaign myself, but I have to admit there's a bit of an issue with the leave campaign automatically being dismissed by a lot of "neutral" organisations, so I'm pleased to hear that this site isn't taking sides. :smile:
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
Ah, I'm glad to hear that. I support the remain campaign myself, but I have to admit there's a bit of an issue with the leave campaign automatically being dismissed by a lot of "neutral" organisations, so I'm pleased to hear that this site isn't taking sides. :smile:

Yes, we try hard to get all sides represented but unfortunately it's not always taken up. During the general election we contacted all the major political parties but only the greens and the Lib Dems took us up on it.

Hopefully someone from the leave campaign will come online as it's important for people to hear all the arguments.
Yes, we try hard to get all sides represented but unfortunately it's not always taken up. During the general election we contacted all the major political parties but only the greens and the Lib Dems took us up on it.

Hopefully someone from the leave campaign will come online as it's important for people to hear all the arguments.

Yeah, I think there's a fair bit of snobbery in the "main" parties and they probably feel that they'd get more votes targeting places with a higher number of people able to vote.
But I'm sure a significant number of the Lib Dem's and Green's votes come from the student population so they'd be more keen on trying to secure those votes. It's a bit of a shame, but I'm not really surprised at that.
Is it totally weird that whenever I see his name, I think of Eddie Izz 'ard

:redface: I'm key. I haven't been contacted :redface: :cry:
Reply 7
Original post by mobbsy91
Is it totally weird that whenever I see his name, I think of Eddie Izz 'ard

:redface: I'm key. I haven't been contacted :redface: :cry:

Eyyyyyyy check your avi!!!!! I love it!!!!

Happy 2 year Anniversary!!!!!!

Partayyyy round yours!!! Monsieur Mobbs :sexface:

Considering tuitions fees that was brave of them :tongue:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Considering tuitions fees that was brave of them :tongue:

Nick Clegg did a Q&A once if I recall correctly.... that was brave :lol:

Norman Lamb spoke to us during the election tho :beard:
Nick Clegg did a Q&A once if I recall correctly.... that was brave :lol:

:mob:

Quick Reply

Latest