The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE PE 20th May 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NiamhM1801
Fab thank you!!
I'm currently doing the June 2015 paper and it's certainly...different :s-smilie:
Not massively hard but a lot on personalities and not much actual PE in it!
Hoping our paper has some good stuff on body systems and such, not stuff like influences which this paper is full of!!

I've not done any past papers:s-smilie:!! I have like a masssssive folder full of everything I've covered right from year 10 to 11 and Ive just been revising and taking notes!
Original post by sadiemiahendrie
I've not done any past papers:s-smilie:!! I have like a masssssive folder full of everything I've covered right from year 10 to 11 and Ive just been revising and taking notes!

You'll be fine - PE is more about the notes than the past papers anyway as they're pretty straightforward. I assume you've been taught exam technique and done mocks though right?
See I'm struggling with getting all the content learnt which is a lot worse!!
Of 31 topics I've learnt about 18 of them and the exam is in 3 hours :s-smilie:
I do sort of remember the stuff we've learnt this year so it's mainly the stuff from year 10 that I'm focusing on now, but I also need to learn about NGBs, Youth Sports Trust, DKHLT and sport England again as I never paid any attention and now I'm clueless haha
You'll be fine - PE is more about the notes than the past papers anyway as they're pretty straightforward. I assume you've been taught exam technique and done mocks though right?
See I'm struggling with getting all the content learnt which is a lot worse!!
Of 31 topics I've learnt about 18 of them and the exam is in 3 hours :s-smilie:
I do sort of remember the stuff we've learnt this year so it's mainly the stuff from year 10 that I'm focusing on now, but I also need to learn about NGBs, Youth Sports Trust, DKHLT and sport England again as I never paid any attention and now I'm clueless haha

Yeah, I did quite a few mocks and things like that and I'm very good with the exam technique (I HOPE hahah)

I never thought when being tought about NGBs, Youth Sports Trust and things like that that it would ever be useful but now I also have 3 hours to remember it all!

Your not alone! Haha
How did everyone find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeorgiaC901

Posted from TSR Mobile

an average pe paper tbh, although I think there was more biology on it than on my b1 paper earlier this week xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it went really well, which is reassuring :smile:
Although my heart sank when I saw the last 8 mark question as I realised as soon as I walked into the exam that I couldn't remember anything about national governing bodies!

Overall though I'm thinking low 70s out of 80 for me :smile:
I thought it went really well, which is reassuring :smile:
Although my heart sank when I saw the last 8 mark question as I realised as soon as I walked into the exam that I couldn't remember anything about national governing bodies!

Overall though I'm thinking low 70s out of 80 for me :smile:

What did you (or anyone else) out for that last question then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paper from heaven for me!
All except the public sector facilities were good for me, the 8 markers were very nice too. Am very happy because I supposedly only needed 60 for an A*, and am feeling confident for low 70s..

Ps did anyone notice the multiple choice being oddly more difficult? Normally there is only 1 that is actually thought provoking, but this time there were at least 4 😱
Original post by Rebeking
All except the public sector facilities were good for me, the 8 markers were very nice too. Am very happy because I supposedly only needed 60 for an A*, and am feeling confident for low 70s..

Ps did anyone notice the multiple choice being oddly more difficult? Normally there is only 1 that is actually thought provoking, but this time there were at least 4 😱

What ones did you find hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you (or anyone else) out for that last question then?]

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put that they could receive coaching courses, they'd do the competitions, talent development and possibly get a grant to fix up the facilities.. I had to write very small lol
Original post by Elliec156
What ones did you find hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first one stumped me but I didn't read it properly (it was swimming) and then the one about flexion, it took me too long to work out that the other were detailing abduction etc.. And then the rest just seemed generally harder than usual, but that might just be me haha
Original post by sadiemiahendrie
That shouldn't be right at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is right
What is the definition for aggression?
I believe it's the intent to harm someone outside of the rules I put that so let's hope it's right
Reply 54

what mark did you get on practical+ coursework out of 90?
What did you (or anyone else) out for that last question then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

After looking it up I want to hit myself for how stupid I was!!
The only thing I could remember was coaching, so I put about that and explained it a little bit.
I then just decided to make stuff up, so I also put about officials and facilities. I just wanted to get something down on paper, even if it was lies.

I got the public/private sector one but I had no idea about aggression at all so just made some stuff up.

And I also found that with the tick box questions too! With the first one at first I put weight training and literally the only reason I changed it to competitive swimming was because surely weight training couldn't be the answer to 2 tick box questions haha. I also spent a solid 30seconds bending my knee under the desk for the one about extension - thought it was more subtle than bicep which a couple of my friends did!
Original post by empsonmatt
That is right

What?? Nonono how can that be right though? Wouldn't that mean that most people failed then? As only 3 people in my class of 18 got 80 or above and most of the people are very good at sport!
Reply 58
what did ppl put for question 1) ???? and what did you put for all the examples on questions 11,12 and 13 !?!?
Can someone please make an unofficial mark scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest