The Student Room Group

lilacpotato's GCSE Revision

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilacpotato
How did the exam go for you?

Okay thanks. A few things I didn't know though. You?
Original post by Atominator
Okay thanks. A few things I didn't know though. You?

I thought it was quite a hard paper - hopefully the grade boundaries will be low!
At least it's finally done!!! Are you planning to go on and do anything to do with astronomy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 20/05/16

I'm taking a break this evening and doing NO revision!! :P It's going to be great! :biggrin:

Astronomy exam went okay :s-smilie: It wasn't really like any of the past papers so I don't think I'll have done as well as I did in my mock...I don't think I completely failed though! :biggrin: ASTRONOMY IS FINALLY DONE!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Update 21/05/16

I've only been focusing on my exams that are next week: Geography, Physics 1 & Maths. I feel like I'm really behind with Geography so that's what I've been doing mainly. We didn't have internet for part of the day which was majorly annoying!!

Physics - Completed poster on the whole of P1! (Only took 2 hours! :redface:)
Geography - Adjusted flashcards to include new information, went through past papers & examiner reports, tested myself on deserts topic & found more statistics for some of the different topics (to get me extra marks! :tongue:)
Maths - Completed past paper

Seriously though, who came up with the OCR Geography course?! :frown: It's a nightmare! :s-smilie: I really hope I can get an A*!
Update 22/05/16

The procrastination was strong today - still managed to get a few things done! :biggrin:

Physics - Started making quiz for P1. Did the last past paper I have for P1 - I got 50/60 which was well into the A* so that's encouraging! :tongue:
Maths - Completed circle theorem booklet
Geography - Went through the spec to make sure I have enough info for the different sections, looked for some new facts, tested myself on Global Citizen and Similarities & Differences sections.

I really hope Geography goes well on Tuesday - it's probably going to be one of my hardest exams! :redface:
Update 23/05/16

Geography is tomorrow!! :eek: I really hope OCR are feeling kind! :s-smilie:

Physics - Revised key topics from teacher's predictions for P1 exam on Wednesday
Geography - Looked over all flashcards, made a poster with key stats, checked I could answer all the past paper questions I have! :redface:
Maths - Completed prediction booklet

Fingers crossed for tomorrow! :wink:
Update 23/05/16

Physics - Revised key topics from teacher's predictions for P1 exam on Wednesday
Geography - Looked over all flashcards, made a poster with key stats, checked I could answer all the past paper questions I have! :redface:

Good luck !!
Original post by nisha.sri
Good luck !!

Thank you!! You too! :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
What predictions did your teacher come up with?

Update 23/05/16

Original post by Tiara006
What predictions did your teacher come up with?

She's thinking maybe evaporation/condensation as six marker or something about Big Bang/redshift...I wouldn't rely on them tho! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 24/05/16

The Geography paper went better than I expected! :biggrin: There were a few questions that were a bit odd but that's OCR for you! I'm so glad to have it out the way now! :tongue:

I've only done Physics tonight for the exam tomorrow...

Finished making quiz on whole of P1
Went through past papers - revised mark scheme answers for evaporation/condensation as my teacher thinks it might come up

Good luck to everyone else doing the exam tomorrow! :smile:
Update 24/05/16

The Geography paper went better than I expected! :biggrin: There were a few questions that were a bit odd but that's OCR for you! I'm so glad to have it out the way now! :tongue:

I've only done Physics tonight for the exam tomorrow...

Finished making quiz on whole of P1
Went through past papers - revised mark scheme answers for evaporation/condensation as my teacher thinks it might come up

Good luck to everyone else doing the exam tomorrow! :smile:

Well done ! Can you please explain to me about Evaporation and condensation ?Thanks
Well done ! Can you please explain to me about Evaporation and condensation ?Thanks

The most important thing to remember (from reading the mark schemes) is to give all the little extra details. For example for condensation, don't just say the air cools and becomes less dense, say the particles lose energy and move closer together making them less dense. Also, for evaporation don't forget to say how the average speed of the particles decreases when particles evaporate! The specimen paper has a hard question on evaporation that might be worth looking at! :smile: Good luck for tomorrow x

Posted from TSR Mobile
The most important thing to remember (from reading the mark schemes) is to give all the little extra details. For example for condensation, don't just say the air cools and becomes less dense, say the particles lose energy and move closer together making them less dense. Also, for evaporation don't forget to say how the average speed of the particles decreases when particles evaporate! The specimen paper has a hard question on evaporation that might be worth looking at! :smile: Good luck for tomorrow x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you !! How would you draw the 1st question on the specimen paper
Thank you !! How would you draw the 1st question on the specimen paper

Erm it's a bit hard to describe...this is what I did:
Drew a line from Z to the mirror
Drew a line from the mirror to the eye, making sure angle of incidence is roughly equal to angle of reflection
Drew arrows showing that the light is coming from the Z
It ends up looking like a tick shape

I don't know if that makes sense! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 25/05/16

Physics went pretty well - considering it is by far the hardest science for me, it could have gone a lot worse. :tongue: A nice six marker and calculation questions made for a good paper! :smile:

Focused on Maths for the exam tomorrow:
Completed past paper - 58/70. Not too bad but I hope I do better in the exam!
Went over tricky topics, especially transformation of graphs!! :biggrin::biggrin: Will definitely need to look at that tomorrow morning as well!

I also got a piece of writing I did for English back and I got full marks - my teacher told me 'if you don't get an A* in the exam, I'm sending it back to be remarked!' She's so sweet! :smile:

Just one more exam and then I have my Leavers Assembly on Friday! :biggrin:
Update 25/05/16

Physics went pretty well - considering it is by far the hardest science for me, it could have gone a lot worse. :tongue: A nice six marker and calculation questions made for a good paper! :smile:

Focused on Maths for the exam tomorrow:
Completed past paper - 58/70. Not too bad but I hope I do better in the exam!
Went over tricky topics, especially transformation of graphs!! :biggrin::biggrin: Will definitely need to look at that tomorrow morning as well!

I also got a piece of writing I did for English back and I got full marks - my teacher told me 'if you don't get an A* in the exam, I'm sending it back to be remarked!' She's so sweet! :smile:

Just one more exam and then I have my Leavers Assembly on Friday! :biggrin:

Well done !! Same i liked the P1 paper too :smile: I got one of the calculations wrong :frown: but i loved the rest. I got 0.048 when other people got 0.48
Good luck on Maths tomorrow !
Well done !! Same i liked the P1 paper too :smile: I got one of the calculations wrong :frown: but i loved the rest. I got 0.048 when other people got 0.48
Good luck on Maths tomorrow !

I'm sure you'll still get most of the marks anyway for that question!

Thank you! You too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 26/05/16

The Maths exam went quite well, I think! A few hard questions but overall it went fairly well! I'm now half way through my exams!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I didn't do much today...
Completed maths past paper
Learnt & tested myself on new German vocab
Started P2 poster

Leavers Day tomorrow!! :tongue:
Update 26/05/16

The Maths exam went quite well, I think! A few hard questions but overall it went fairly well! I'm now half way through my exams!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I didn't do much today...
Completed maths past paper
Learnt & tested myself on new German vocab
Started P2 poster

Leavers Day tomorrow!! :tongue:

I thought it went well too :smile:
Well done !! My leavers assembly is on the 28th June

Quick Reply

Latest