The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloebreenb
for the cognitive approach do we need to know the bartlett study 'war of the ghosts' or not?

No

Posted from TSR Mobile
If we're writing a 12 marker on the cognitive approach, do we have to include the emergence of cognitive neuroscience?
Original post by Jim Riley
Taking Paper 2 on Monday?

Highly recommend you invest some time watching these three revision videos:

3 Essential Revision Videos To Watch Before You Take AQA AS Psychology Paper 2

Jim

Thank youu found this really helpful :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Purple-Pixie
If we're writing a 12 marker on the cognitive approach, do we have to include the emergence of cognitive neuroscience?

Yes briefly. It's in the spec
Original post by Purple-Pixie

I didn't but I think you should briefly mention PET scans and brain fingerprinting etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iona Francis
Yes briefly. It's in the spec

Original post by mali473
I didn't but I think you should briefly mention PET scans and brain fingerprinting etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, thank you both :smile:
Guyyss do we need to know the acute stress response and the chronic stress response. Also do we need to know about the diencaphalon and cerebrum and cerabellum and medulla?

Also what could come up a aboutt he economy? I knew some stuff for paper 1 on economy but idk what could come up for paper 2
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by THESTRESS
Guyyss do we need to know the acute stress response and the chronic stress response. Also do we need to know about the diencaphalon and cerebrum and cerabellum and medulla?

Also what could come up a aboutt he economy? I knew some stuff for paper 1 on economy but idk what could come up for paper 2

I'm not sure about the stress part but with the economy a question could come up asking how psychotherapy has helped the economy. You could say treatments for depression like CBT have led to more people taking less time off work and this means less strain on the NHS financially as less people will be buying drugs and will have CbT. Im not sure tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jim Riley
Taking Paper 2 on Monday?

Highly recommend you invest some time watching these three revision videos:

3 Essential Revision Videos To Watch Before You Take AQA AS Psychology Paper 2

Jim

You legend these are really good!
Reply 49
Guys do we need to know the 2 types of stress response....as in the acute stress response and the chronic stress response. Also also someone else asked this previously but no-one answered, do we need to know about the diencaphalon and cerebrum and cerabellum and medulla?

PLEASE HELPPP :redface:oooooooo

I don't think you have to know about that, just what the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system do in response to a perceived stressor
Reply 50
Does anyone have any good resources for research methods?
Original post by Chloebreenb
for the cognitive approach do we need to know the bartlett study 'war of the ghosts' or not?

It's evidence to support schemas, so yes.
Guyyss do we need to know the acute stress response and the chronic stress response. Also do we need to know about the diencaphalon and cerebrum and cerabellum and medula

You'd need to know:
the physiological signs of fight or flight.
The different areas of the brain.

You can use anything for the economy questions. Eg, Research into sleep has improved efficiency in shift workers but research into mental health and its treatment has a) led to more people having paid off work b) misdiagnosis c) transformations to millions of lives for the better.

Or when bowlbys research was first published it led to an increase in women leaving work to stay with their children, which had a negative effect on society.
haven't even started revision for this yet:s-smilie:
Original post by charrose4x
haven't even started revision for this yet:s-smilie:

Check out my studyblr link in my signature and if you find my support thread in this forum there's a revision checklist and essay writing ppt. Attached.
Original post by Findlay6
Check out my studyblr link in my signature and if you find my support thread in this forum there's a revision checklist and essay writing ppt. Attached.

thank-you very much :smile:
Original post by charrose4x
haven't even started revision for this yet:s

go go goooooooooo
Reply 59
So is it right to kinda expect the 2x 12 mark essays to be on approaches and psychopathology?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending