The Student Room Group

Accounting AQA Unit 2 - 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Nicolethackerayy
Yeah, I added something twice though. I think it was (4) maybe, a sale but have been recorded as a purchase return or something. Not quite sure, my memory is fading quickly about what I put

yeah thats what i did thank god :smile:
what did u put for last question?
Original post by maneetahujaa
i got 19990 too!

I got 20000 bash on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maneetahujaa
i got 19990 too!

Woo! I'm hoping it's right for us both!
Original post by 87Mack

I put just in time stock and change supplier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Accountingggo
I put just in time stock and change supplier

Posted from TSR Mobile

Change supplier and reduce purchases here.
Original post by 87Mack

Oh god the last question wasn't good. I got 5 times/73 days for the inventory turnover and then said improve it by reducing selling price and perhaps offer discounts to increase sales, which in turn will decrease average inventory, which increases turnover. And also negotiate better price on purchases so the cost is reduced, and the money saved could be used for the advertising to also increase sales etc. I'll be honest I blagged the last question because everything I thought was good wasn't helping when I put it in the formula...
Reply 66
Oh god the last question wasn't good. I got 5 times/73 days for the inventory turnover and then said improve it by reducing selling price and perhaps offer discounts to increase sales, which in turn will decrease average inventory, which increases turnover. And also negotiate better price on purchases so the cost is reduced, and the money saved could be used for the advertising to also increase sales etc. I'll be honest I blagged the last question because everything I thought was good wasn't helping when I put it in the formula...

what about the long answer gearing question???
Original post by 87Mack
what about the long answer gearing question???

I can't remember what the question was? Was it to do with implications? I know I got 66% for gearing and said something about the being high geared, therefore high risk, which would make it difficult to apply for extra finance from some sources like a bank, because it would be too much of a risk. And also that potential investors would also be put off because they might assume their money would be put towards paying the debts instead of revenue reserves and gaining a return
Reply 68
I got 11210000 for statement in changes, can anyone tell me where i missed 3000000 off lol 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
I can't remember what the question was? Was it to do with implications? I know I got 66% for gearing and said something about the being high geared, therefore high risk, which would make it difficult to apply for extra finance from some sources like a bank, because it would be too much of a risk. And also that potential investors would also be put off because they might assume their money would be put towards paying the debts instead of revenue reserves and gaining a return

ok i f**ked that paper up :frown:
What did people get for the statement of changes in equity by the way, I think I got around 140000000
what did you guys think? easy or hard paper? I think the easiest part of the paper was the statement of changes in equity. Also for the last question, I wrote something about entering new markets to boost sales, but have to remain competitive ect, do you think that would be accepted for increasing stock turnover?
what did you guys get for the question which you have to tick the box, for damaged stock?
Original post by Nl_Chandler
What did people get for the statement of changes in equity by the way, I think I got around 140000000

I got somewhere round 23,000000 somthing like that which I'm sure is right if you correctly worked out dividends and share premium. for share premium i got i think 300,000
Original post by 87Mack
ok i f**ked that paper up :frown:

I'm not great at narratives and when I did my first unit 2 paper last year (because I'm a second year) I thought I did really bad, like a U, but I actually got a B overall last year so don't worry about it 😊 You will have done better than you think
Original post by ismokeweed
I got somewhere round 23,000000 somthing like that which I'm sure is right if you correctly worked out dividends and share premium. for share premium i got i think 300,000

I got 300,000 for share premium too, did you add both the interim and final dividend together? I did and I'm not sure if I got around 23,000,000
Original post by ismokeweed

Wasnt it 600,000?
12,000,000 x 0.05
Reply 76
Thats what I got.
Reply 77
I got 600 000 also..
What about the rest of you?
Same here 600,000
Did anyone include debentures interest?
I thought i didnt have to since the profit was after tax.
Hopefully its only worth max 2 marks

Quick Reply