The Student Room Group

Is a smart car good for a new driver?

I recently passed my driving test. I am going to begin looking for a car to buy. I really want to buy a smart car, wether its a 2 door or a 4 door. Being a small person, I think it will look nice when driving. But you hear stories about how they are awful, if you get in a crash you get project across the world..they are noise, they are bad for high speeds/dual carriageway.

-Are smart cars good for new drivers...like me?
-What other small looking cars similar to a smart car are there? Maybe not as smalll but a big bitter?

I dont want anything expensive tbh.
Original post by Mumford & Dragons
I recently passed my driving test. I am going to begin looking for a car to buy. I really want to buy a smart car, wether its a 2 door or a 4 door. Being a small person, I think it will look nice when driving. But you hear stories about how they are awful, if you get in a crash you get project across the world..they are noise, they are bad for high speeds/dual carriageway.

-Are smart cars good for new drivers...like me?
-What other small looking cars similar to a smart car are there? Maybe not as smalll but a big bitter?

I dont want anything expensive tbh.

the smart car has structure of a coke can in a blender in a crash
the mini is horrifically unreliable and super expensive to fix (my friend she had a mini and sold it and had better results with a c-class mercedes)
but it you want to stick to a similar size then a fiat 500 is good as it is study and it is far far faster than you expect it to be (i used to have one)
but all are available for less than £5,000
Whats the insurance on one of those clown looking cars ?
only dumb people drive smart cars (see what i did there)

im on fire tonight wowowowoowo

Quick Reply

Latest