The Student Room Group

OCR (not-MEI) FP1 - Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Not used to simplifying the method of differences at the end, hope it was alright. Kind of just what it asks in part i
Anyone remember what the matrices were for the transformation question?
Didn't half my answer from method of differences :frown: How many marks lost? I'm thinking 2 max. Then would I get ECF for the sum to infinity?

Also think I messed up the +/- with the final question and the intersection with the line and circle - I got 1+4i and 5+2i I think

Gutted, I was hoping for 100 UMS too
Mr m is doing a mark scheme he said it should be on in about half an hour
Original post by h8skoooooool
Didn't half my answer from method of differences :frown: How many marks lost? I'm thinking 2 max. Then would I get ECF for the sum to infinity?

Also think I messed up the +/- with the final question and the intersection with the line and circle - I got 1+4i and 5+2i I think

Yeah I forgot to half it as well I hope they will have error carried forward for the other parts

Literally the exact same mistakes I've made, I also struggled with question 2 which threw me for the rest of the paper I think. Not feeling massively confident for 90%+ now but you never know. (I also got 1 +4i and 5+2i, I think).
o, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha.

If you want my future forget my past,
If you wanna get with me better make it fast,
Now don't go wasting my precious time,
Get your act together we could be just fine

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha.

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends (gotta get with my friends)
Make it last forever friendship never ends,
If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give,
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is.
Reply 127
How many marks for question 2? I put 3 + root3i for part 1 by accident and this changes part 2
Original post by g123456
How many marks for question 2? I put 3 + root3i for part 1 by accident and this changes part 2

I think the first part was 2 and the second part 4/5 u will probably get error carried forward
Original post by jacklfc99
Literally the exact same mistakes I've made, I also struggled with question 2 which threw me for the rest of the paper I think. Not feeling massively confident for 90%+ now but you never know. (I also got 1 +4i and 5+2i, I think).

Ah yes question 2 was weird - so was question 1 really! I'm so unsure about the grade boundaries though because some people think it went great then a lot of people made mistakes like this :frown: also, it was quite different to the usual FP1 papers which are practically identical every year.

I'd be so sad if I got less that 90 UMS urgh
Original post by marioman
I suspect it will be somewhere around there. Almost everyone I talked to (me included!) has made at least one mistake so I think 72/72 will be rare for this paper.

According to the answers given in this thread I got everything right, but I am not sure if I would be awarded the full 3/3 for the intersection question, since I just wrote down the two intersection points from my scaled argand diagram with no working what so ever. I am sure it wouldn't be more than 69/72 for full UMS, because even though the exam was standard in terms of the types of question it asked, the questions were open to easy mistake, if you weren't being extremely careful.
I'd personally say
100 UMS: 69/72
A*: 63/72
A: 56/72
B: 50/72
Original post by SonicTails19
Question 6 was the most confusing for me.
I think I got |z - 3 - 3i| = 5 for the equation, and 1+4i and 5+2i for the point of intersections.
Did anyone else get those answers?

I got root five for the radius, otherwise I was the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bobby21231
Yeah I forgot to half it as well I hope they will have error carried forward for the other parts

I've been looking through past papers to see how marks are awarded. It says FT (follow through) at the start of every sum to infinity question so, theoretically, we shouldn't lose any marks after that.
Ah yes question 2 was weird - so was question 1 really! I'm so unsure about the grade boundaries though because some people think it went great then a lot of people made mistakes like this :frown: also, it was quite different to the usual FP1 papers which are practically identical every year.

I'd be so sad if I got less that 90 UMS urgh

I thought it was very different to what I'm used to, 2 marks for the Argand diagram was a joke
Original post by jacklfc99
I thought it was very different to what I'm used to, 2 marks for the Argand diagram was a joke

Exactly, normally it's like 4 marks if you're doing a circle and a half-line (I know this was just a bisector, but same thing really)! I think boundaries will be lower than people think
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mathematicus65
I'd personally say
100 UMS: 69/72
A*: 63/72
A: 56/72
B: 50/72

I think I'd agree with you there!
The problem with FP1 is that so many people hope for >90ums, so the boundaries can be dangerously high on occasion
for question 7 part 2, how many marks would you get if you worked out the matrix incorrectly, (ended up with something like -3 8 3 1 lol) but I correctly said the transformation it was. was hoping for some method marks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending