The Student Room Group

Aqa law unit 2 *offical thread*

Scroll to see replies

do you get marked down for mildly irrelevant content?
Original post by NHM
Are you sure you had to explain factual causation the question only asked about remoteness?

No you didn't but i just didn't know whether i was reading the question right :biggrin:
Original post by Qmwnebrv
do you get marked down for mildly irrelevant content?

No you just don't get credit for it.
Reply 83
Original post by Bruce267099
No you didn't but i just didn't know whether i was reading the question right :biggrin:

You had me panick there 💁💁
on the GBH question i completely forgot to mention intervening acts :facepalm: (i was wondering why the two questions were so similar hahaha)
Reply 85
Original post by kirstybecs
on the GBH question i completely forgot to mention intervening acts :facepalm: (i was wondering why the two questions were so similar hahaha)

You'll still be able to get 7/10 marks though so it's not the end of the world :-) I did the same you aren't the only one!

Wait we had to mention intervening acts?
Reply 87
Wait we had to mention intervening acts?

Think so 🙄🙄
Original post by NHM
Think so 🙄🙄

What actually did the gbh question ask for. I've never included intervening acts in gbh questions.
Reply 89
[QUOTE="NHM;64968631"]
Original post by Thamim01

Speaking from experience... Don't over complicate the question they'll be questions that say explain, discuss, briefly discuss and outline... If it asks for an outline or briefly discuss no need to go OTT on the question.

Predictions for this year:

Causation
Contemp rule
Offence wise- S47/S20
Summary offence procedure
Aggravating/ mitigating factors

Civil is usually about the same questions every year (duty, breach, damage and remoteness, three track system and damages) but got a feeling the principle of res ispa loquitor will appear ( ranging anywhere between 5-8 marks)

Very good predictions! assault instead of s47 and an extra actus reus theory, and aims instead of factors, but good guess about res ipsa loquitor!
Reply 90
For example if you got an A in Unit 1 ans a C/D in unit 2, what wll be your overall grade, and has anyone got any predictions of grade boundary for this year
Reply 91

You can use Pagett for foreseeability in legal causation.
Reply 92
Original post by NHM
You'll still be able to get 7/10 marks though so it's not the end of the world :-) I did the same you aren't the only one!

How was the intervening act lol?
What actually did the gbh question ask for. I've never included intervening acts in gbh questions.

It was something about the criminal liability for s.20 GBH but the scenario mentioned that the brain damage wouldn't have happened if he'd received sufficient medical treatment straight after
Original post by NHM
Questions were just for anyone that wants to check up...
1) how omissions can be the basis of AR (8 marks)
2) contemp rule (7 marks)
3) assault (8 marks + 2 A03)
4) GBH 20 (10 marks)
5) summary offence procedures, burden and standard of proof (7 marks)
6) 2 aims of sentencing (5 marks)

Tort:
7) breach and one risk factor (8 marks)
8) remoteness in damage (8 marks) - this was a generous question
9) damage and remoteness in negligence ( 8 marks + 2 A03)
10) duty of care ( 8 marks)
11) procedure to negligence claims (5 marks)
12) burden and standard of proof + res ispa loquitor (8 marks)

Just a few questions :biggrin:

Was question 9 just an application of what you did in 8 but applying to dan suing chris?
Was question 10 also applying what happened to dan and chris.
(edited 7 years ago)
It was something about the criminal liability for s.20 GBH but the scenario mentioned that the brain damage wouldn't have happened if he'd received sufficient medical treatment straight after

Omg I'm such an idiot i was wondering why it was a 10 mark question. I didn't have time to include anyway.
Reply 96
[QUOTE="Mireri;64992369"]
Original post by NHM

Very good predictions! assault instead of s47 and an extra actus reus theory, and aims instead of factors, but good guess about res ipsa loquitor!

Thank you :-) hope you did well!
Reply 97
Original post by NHM
Questions were just for anyone that wants to check up...
1) how omissions can be the basis of AR (8 marks)
2) contemp rule (7 marks)
3) assault (8 marks + 2 A03)
4) GBH 20 (10 marks)
5) summary offence procedures, burden and standard of proof (7 marks)
6) 2 aims of sentencing (5 marks)

Tort:
7) breach and one risk factor (8 marks)
8) remoteness in damage (8 marks) - this was a generous question
9) damage and remoteness in negligence ( 8 marks + 2 A03)
10) duty of care ( 8 marks)
11) procedure to negligence claims (5 marks)
12) burden and standard of proof + res ispa loquitor (8 marks)

I forgot to refer to the case for duty of care on question 10 what happen will get 6/8
Reply 98
Original post by ptracey_
For example if you got an A in Unit 1 ans a C/D in unit 2, what wll be your overall grade, and has anyone got any predictions of grade boundary for this year

Last year in unit 1 I got 90 UMS
And in unit 2 I got 55 UMS and came out with a B
On the criminal section i completely forgot what the burden and standard of proof on the summary offence question, how many marks would that bit be worth.

Quick Reply

Latest