The Student Room Group

OCR Latin GCSE Official Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Would translating astrologorum as singular instead of plural be a major or minor error?
Reply 61
Original post by PlinyTheElder
Thanks. I put "he asked for their plan" so I presume that means I lose the mark?

I just realised I think I put 'made their plan' or something but I can't really remember does that mean I would lose a mark!?
Reply 62
Would translating astrologorum as singular instead of plural be a major or minor error?

Only I minor I think

Definitely minor
Original post by fuzz13
I just realised I think I put 'made their plan' or something but I can't really remember does that mean I would lose a mark!?

I am seriously forgetful... was that in the comprehension or the translation?

Also was it 1 or 2 marks? Because a harsh mark-scheme could drop you 2, if that was what it was worth.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by UmbralArbiter

I think in the comprehension but tbh I can't remember what I put or what the Latin was!!! Also which set texts are you studying?

Also was it 1 or 2 marks? Because a harsh mark-scheme could drop you 2, if that was what it was worth.

It was in the comprehension for one mark
Original post by fuzz13
I think in the comprehension but tbh I can't remember what I put or what the Latin was!!! Also which set texts are you studying?

I'm doing Virgil's Aeneid IX and a sources paper (instead of a 2nd set text).
How about you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 68
I'm doing Virgil's Aeneid IX and a sources paper (instead of a 2nd set text)

Ah ok! On OCR can u find any past papers on Virgil because I think the one from last year must have been a different piece?!
Reply 69
Anyone doing Ovid and Catullus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fuzz13
Ah ok! On OCR can u find any past papers on Virgil because I think the one from last year must have been a different piece?!

There's only the one past paper from last year, but it is on the Aeneid IX thankfully.
Reply 71
There's only the one past paper from last year, but it is on the Aeneid IX thankfully.

Yeah? Would you mind posting a link because I can't find it anywhere aha
Original post by fuzz13

Searching for a digital copy right now
Original post by fuzz13

I can dm you the questions if you'd like, but I can't find it online; I only have a physical copy.
Reply 74
Searching for a digital copy right now

Won't be online as they know schools use it for mocks!
Original post by fuzz13
I put "They easily crushed a few slaves, who had been left behind to save the mistress" - but this was the other bit I wasn't sure about...

I feel stupid now- I put "the slaves, who were tired [don't ask] from having worked for the mistress, were pushed easily.
Original post by fuzz13

The "peteret" was rather awkward; I put "to carry out his plan", because when you read on, it is actually Acitenus who kills her, or whatever his name was.
Original post by Tc2234
What did you get for
"Hic me vulnera"

I got wound me here. I don't not why OCR chose assisted sucide as their story but they what about you ??
What you guys thinking for overall grade boundaries?? I reckon 52/60 for A* in latin paper 1, and (cos it was a bit hard) maybe 48/60 in paper 2?
Original post by dance25
Anyone doing Ovid and Catullus

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending