The Student Room Group

OCR (not-MEI) FP1 - Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h8skoooooool
I think I'd agree with you there!

I wouldn't even be suprised if they were slightly less. Maybe not for 100 UMS, but the boundary for A* and A could well be lower.
Original post by Mathematicus65
I wouldn't even be suprised if they were slightly less. Maybe not for 100 UMS, but the boundary for A* and A could well be lower.

Oh god I hope so! I think I got about 66 (ish, could be 65-68 depending on method marks) and I really want 95 UMS
How much would i lose for not really showing a method for the perp bisector points for argand diagram and not dividing by 2 for the method of difference?
My only two mistakes so what do you guys think?
Original post by BlackHippo
How much would i lose for not really showing a method for the perp bisector points for argand diagram and not dividing by 2 for the method of difference?
My only two mistakes so what do you guys think?

You won't lose any for the perp. Bisector. It was only two marks, all you'd have to do is draw the bisector approximately. 1 will be for the correct circle.
Oh god I hope so! I think I got about 66 (ish, could be 65-68 depending on method marks) and I really want 95 UMS

That'll be 95 UMS. In fact I think 66, would get 96/97 UMS
honestly would grade do you think 60 raw marks would be?
Sorry I meant the points of intersection
You won't lose any for the perp. Bisector. It was only two marks, all you'd have to do is draw the bisector approximately. 1 will be for the correct circle.
Solid A.
Original post by proximity
honestly would grade do you think 60 raw marks would be?
Reply 148
Solid A.

I made quite a silly error on the sum to infinity question, I did everything right but I got the wrong answer? I did the same thing at home and go the right answer. Me confused. I said that the sum from n to infinity was the sum from 1 to infinity minus the sum from 1 to n-1, then got 1/6-(n-1)/6(n-1)+9 then simplified but I think I made an algebraic error. How many marks did I lose?
Anyone found an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 150
Original post by Sweens_a
Anyone found an unofficial mark scheme?

See Mr M page 7
Reply 151
Not necessarily difficult, but does anyone else agree that OCR have changed the style of questions this year. C1 and FP1 have been a bit weird if I'm honest.
What do you think the grade boundary will be? Some found it easy.

I got 63 marks and maybe more for method marks. What could that be?
Original post by SGHD26716
Not necessarily difficult, but does anyone else agree that OCR have changed the style of questions this year. C1 and FP1 have been a bit weird if I'm honest.

C1 was somewhat different to usual but FP1 was a standard paper. Questions very similar to Q1, Q3, Q4, Q5, Q7, Q8 (including multiplying by 1/2), Q9 and Q10(i) have all been asked in recent papers, just with different numbers.
That'll be 95 UMS. In fact I think 66, would get 96/97 UMS

Ah I really hope so, thanks for the reassurance! Good luck for the rest of your exams :smile:
Ah I really hope so, thanks for the reassurance! Good luck for the rest of your exams :smile:

I was thinking 65 should be about 84 ums according to my friends😂
I was wondering if anyone can remember the exact equation for question 8?
And how do u do question 10 iii as I was really gutted I couldn't work out how to do it
Original post by SGHD26716
See Mr M page 7

Im not sure what that means, can you post the link?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4103053
Original post by mstrcvk
Im not sure what that means, can you post the link?
Am I right in thinking that the quadratic equation was needed for 10iii. I used it and got the answer, but not sure whether it was the correct method
Original post by ChrisWeatherilt
Am I right in thinking that the quadratic equation was needed for 10iii. I used it and got the answer, but not sure whether it was the correct method

I didn't use a quadratic equation i rearraged it so it was somethng like 1/rtz =u. But since you have the right answer should be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending