The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physical Education - Unit 1: Theory - Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Michelle15
Thought that was a gift of a paper!
Got 50/50 on practical so my teacher said i would only need around 50/55 for an A* overall and in past papers i usually get around 68. :smile:

For the last 6 marker i just put about what the muscular system is, what the skeletal system is, how the ligaments/tendons/muscles attach to bone, flexion to extension, antagonistic pairs, and the muscles and bones involved...hopefully thats all the shebang needed!

What on earth did people put for 'Why does a cyclist need a bike? (3 marks)'

For the cyclist it was specificity and I wrote about using it to perform performance by increasing the cardiovascular fitness and muscular endurance
Anyone able to put a unofficial mark scheme together?? Wondering how I think I did
Got 50/50 on practical so my teacher said i would only need around 50/55 for an A* overall and in past papers i usually get around 68. :smile:

For the last 6 marker i just put about what the muscular system is, what the skeletal system is, how the ligaments/tendons/muscles attach to bone, flexion to extension, antagonistic pairs, and the muscles and bones involved...hopefully thats all the shebang needed!

I did a similar thing for the last six marker and i normally get around 70 on the paper. For a cyclist needing a bike i related it to specificity and how by training on a bike they cyclist would train all required body systems needed for cycling
Argh!!! I though the question about a cyclist needing a bike read why does a cyclist use a bike machine and so answered it incorrectly! I also need 72 for an A* so losing marks is just awful..,
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Argh!!! I though the question about a cyclist needing a bike read why does a cyclist use a bike machine and so answered it incorrectly! I also need 72 for an A* so losing marks is just awful..,

I thought i was in that exact situation but i did slightly better than i thought and got 46 rather than 45, so i require 66. I think the six markers shall decide our fate
Reply 85
Anyone got unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 86
what did everyone put for the 2nd warmup method and the 2nd power test??
Got 50/50 on practical so my teacher said i would only need around 50-55 out of 80 for an A* overall and in past papers i usually get around 68. :smile:

That was such a stupid question! I put how it trains the same muscles but didn't understand how to get 3 marks out of it haha
Original post by lottixo

For the power test I put standing broad jump and Sargent jump test
Original post by Speedbird129
For the power test I put standing broad jump and Sargent jump test

I put sergeant jump test and Standing long jump, do you think i'll still get the marks?
Reply 90
does anyone have any info on possibly re sitting this exam ,if its possible to do so
Original post by lottixo

1) preparing mentally for main event so you are more motivated to do well and energetic
2) practising skills so improving performance

Power tests: standing broad jump + sergeant jump test
I put sergeant jump test and Standing long jump, do you think i'll still get the marks?

you will get the marks
if i got 47/50 in the practical how many marks would i need on the paper to get an A/A* ??
Reply 94
Anyone got a unofficial mark scheme yet?
someone please make an unofficial mark scheme :smile:
Reply 96
What was the interval question in the exam. Can someone remember the whole thing
Original post by indistinct
What did poeple write about for the two final 6 markers and also the question about reaction time during the 800m, i think I've lost some marks on those questions

for the 800m one i said that if they tripped in the race, they would need a good reaction time to recover
Original post by Pe1235
What was the interval question in the exam. Can someone remember the whole thing

how would a 10,000m runner use it and a 100m sprinter??
Original post by oliviasanders1
how would a 10,000m runner use it and a 100m sprinter??

What was the question sorry?

Quick Reply

Latest