The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME - Spanish AQA Reading Paper GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BobbiBlue
That's what I put :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yayy that's reassured me then! Haha I came out the exam feeling kind of like unsure on how I've done and I normally avoid looking at unofficial mark schemes because they worry me but instead it's put my mind at rest! Even tho they might not be 100% right im so relieved I hope I've at least got an A!
Original post by Tpw123
For 5 I thought the question said doctors and engineers work together but in the text it said scientists and engineers

oh no it probably did...
Reply 22
What do you think the grade boundaries for this will be ? x.x
it was around 25 for an A in the previous past papers that i done, so i was wondering if they might go up/down for this exam ?
Reply 23
Was 10a not health services
Reply 24
Original post by lily628
listening here

This is all I could remember, so please leave some of the other questions!!
This means I am sure it is right
This is I can't remember/unsure of

1. (OLYMPICS) [4]
a. P
b. P + N
c. N
d. P

2. (TELEPHONE BOOTH) [4]
a. Can't afford mobile phone
b. Very little telephone booths in the suburbs + Hardly any work
c. Unemployment

3. (COUNTRYSIDE / CITY) [3]
a. Only one was correct (His father works on a farm)
b. N
c. Neighbours are rude in the city / only care about themselves

4. (SPORTSMEN) [4]
a. A + J
b. J
c. A
d. A

5. [3]
(Any order)
- First time the event had been held
- They can take part in 6 events
- Technology was previously harder to use

6. (DISCOTECA SÍ) [5]
a. They do work and study
b. It's banned to drink alcohol
c. His work hasn't negatively affected his school grades + He doesn't ask them for money as he is saving
d. Wan't to be an apprentice at an American company

7. (QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GIRL) [5]
a. Her brother passes exams without revising
b. She has a tattoo of a cat as her parents didn't let her have a pet
c. Her grandmother used to prepare Chinese food for her birthdays
d. Used to get bullied at old school
e. Helps drug addicts to stop their addiction

8. (FINISH THE SENTENCE ABOUT MARRIAGE) [3]
a. Doesn't want to marry abroad
b. Never wants to divorce
c. Marriage is not essential to be happy

9. (SURVEY) [4]
a. Spends most of his money on magazines and video games
b. Wears designer brands if they are second hand
c. Hates it when girls use too much makeup
d. His sister gives him the best fashion advice

10. (CURRENT ISSUES) [3]
a. Infant Deaths
b. Environment
c. Hunger

11. (ECOLOGY) [4]
a. Me afecta
b. Me dañan
c. Me parece
d. Me hacen

12. (FINISH THE SENTENCE) [2]
a. Lo pase mal
b. Me encanta

For Q5 I got something to do with 1 in 6 athletes, technology was previously harder to use and technology being useful at home
For question 5:
I don't agree with the "first time the event has been held" but that might just be me. I thought that the option was "it was held for the first time this year" and the extract said "it was held in June'" hence couldn't have been this year. If I'm wrong feel free to say :smile: thanks for this though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also for question 8 I'm not sure that the option was doesn't want to marry abroad either but was saying something about considering getting married abroad and therefore wouldn't work with her statement. Again, if I'm wrong just let me know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by xkrutix
For Q5 I got something to do with 1 in 6 athletes, technology was previously harder to use and technology being useful at home

I got the same :smile: technology being easy to use at home for those disabled
Reply 28
What's it out of again please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HouseOfRichman
For question 5:
I don't agree with the "first time the event has been held" but that might just be me. I thought that the option was "it was held for the first time this year" and the extract said "it was held in June'" hence couldn't have been this year. If I'm wrong feel free to say :smile: thanks for this though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with you about the event being held :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BobbiBlue
I agree with you about the event being held :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's reassuring! I then got that the engineers and scientists worked together (it literally said this in the extract "juntos" and everything) and I agree that I read something about that it could be used at home but I don't believe it said it was helpful so I didn't pick it. Again, correct me if I'm wrong because I don't want to sound arrogant or offensive :smile: thanks again for this!
5a is wrong, it's not the first time it was held because they said "este" meaning this year...it was B, D, F for 5
You missed about a part -- the question was like what is his main reason of success?? It was internet publicity x
Guys usually what's an A* out of 95 ? 85? (Sorry if I'm exaggerating, i have no clue what the boundaries are like)
That's reassuring! I then got that the engineers and scientists worked together (it literally said this in the extract "juntos" and everything) and I agree that I read something about that it could be used at home but I don't believe it said it was helpful so I didn't pick it. Again, correct me if I'm wrong because I don't want to sound arrogant or offensive :smile: thanks again for this!

Sorry i don't think that's right. The text said "scientists and engineers" but the question asked for "doctors and engineers" which isn't right x
Original post by Rtinde
What's it out of again please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

40 for listening, 45 for reading so 95 in total - any idea on grade boundaries?
Original post by sunny181113
40 for listening, 45 for reading so 95 in total - any idea on grade boundaries?

40+45=85
Reply 37
For question 5:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I saw that so I think you're right :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Tpw123
Was 10a not health services

i don't think so, as it talked alot about infant deaths and the causes of it

Also for question 8 I'm not sure that the option was doesn't want to marry abroad either but was saying something about considering getting married abroad and therefore wouldn't work with her statement. Again, if I'm wrong just let me know :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

i think she said something along the lines of 'many people are now getting married abroad but i want to get married in a church in my neighbourhood and...' so i think it was that option, but i can't remember clearly tbh!

Original post by sunny181113
You missed about a part -- the question was like what is his main reason of success?? It was internet publicity x

you're right! thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending