The Student Room Group

Aqa chemistry as level 2016 predictions

Scroll to see replies

Are there teachers only specimen materials??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I reckon our long questions will be long calculations, designing a practical and improving another one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
We've not done much of the practicals in my college so I'm surely going to fail :frown: Could anyone summarise what they're about? Thank you!
The Specimen papers, remember, haven't been through any moderation and haven't even been sat officially as a paper. The mark scheme is also very strict (there would be a lot more 'allow' points in the actual exam). Our teachers said it isn't possible for it to be any harder, in other words they're the 'worst case scenario' papers.
We did the teachers only set as mocks bc the others got leaked (they told us what paper it was). Our teacher struggled with it, so if the real paper is anything like the specimens, rip guys
Do you know what practicals could come up on the inorganic paper or organic paper? Or is it possible they could all be spread over the two papers? :s
Reply 26
Do the retake students have to do the new specimen paper too?
Original post by Guzza96
Do the retake students have to do the new specimen paper too?

If you are taking A2 exams as well as retaking then you will probably have a paper from your specification

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sgill23
I think they'll be a lot lower... Yeah as the second set of specimen papers are a bitch paper 1 I think could be really hard. Then paper 2 I find easy. I assume depending on difficultly... 70-75% A then take 10% off for grades lower. I'm doing biology too and that's hard af... So I'm hoping all grade boundaries are really low. As it's the first year they've done it

I find biology easy, teach me chem ill teach bio
Can anyone send me the teachers only specimen papers please?
There's a link in the bio specimen paper thread I think with them in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
There's a link in the bio specimen paper thread I think with them in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
Hopes for low boundaries because new spec..
Original post by CBMFM99
The Specimen papers, remember, haven't been through any moderation and haven't even been sat officially as a paper. The mark scheme is also very strict (there would be a lot more 'allow' points in the actual exam). Our teachers said it isn't possible for it to be any harder, in other words they're the 'worst case scenario' papers.

Wow okay well Ive been told it could be even harder.. My teacher is just mean.
Reply 34
Original post by LeScienceBlogger
I find biology easy, teach me chem ill teach bio

How good are you with biology?
What parts of chem do you need help with?
Both specimen papers for AQA AS chem are on my website www.scienceskool.co.uk

Exam section - There's also model answers for the second sets.

As for what is going to be on the exam no one has any idea. Best of luck in your exams

Alex
Reply 36
Any good resources for the practicals required in paper 1 ?
Original post by sgill23
How good are you with biology?
What parts of chem do you need help with?

I've been getting As all year, things like shapes of molecules and organic
Reply 38
Original post by LeScienceBlogger
I've been getting As all year, things like shapes of molecules and organic

well paper 1 is inorganic, so you'll be fine for that. Shapes of molecules it's just learning the angle and name
Guarenteed to be hard, teacher at my school writes the exam and those were his own words

Quick Reply

Latest