The Student Room Group

C1 Maths AS aqa 2016 (unofficial mark scheme new)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by money-for-all
i got around 63 marks, what grade do you reckon that will be ?

and what was question 7a and 7b,

i got 63 marks (without considering ECF)

Anyone think what grade 63/75 is ?

Thanks !!

Given that last year AQA offered an A grade to people who achieve 64 or more marks, i would say you are in with a good chance of getting an A. I mean, w/ ecf and the fact that 2016 paper seemed a little harder than 2015, i would say things swing in your favour, but good luck w/ core 2 and hopefully you get the grade you want :smile:
Original post by Rager6amer
Given that last year AQA offered an A grade to people who achieve 64 or more marks, i would say you are in with a good chance of getting an A. I mean, w/ ecf and the fact that 2016 paper seemed a little harder than 2015, i would say things swing in your favour, but good luck w/ core 2 and hopefully you get the grade you want :smile:

thanks,
i hope you get what you want too!
Good luck with the rest of your exams :smile:
Original post by xs4
70 UMS may be around 53

Really? I thought it would be way higher than that
yeah I think especially cus last year was probably the highest marks needed for an A in a core 1 paper I think they will lower it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 304
Original post by Cryingbcmaths
Really? I thought it would be way higher than that

I'm basing this off of the percentage calculations (75*0.7) of which states that the A grade could even be 60 . I'm just hoping it's lower rather than higher
Reply 305
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
yeah I think especially cus last year was probably the highest marks needed for an A in a core 1 paper I think they will lower it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know ,85% for an A is quite savage tbh
Can someone tell me an easy way to work out questions like 3)c)?
Original post by MegaShadders
Can someone tell me an easy way to work out questions like 3)c)?

Do you mean as in get the answer to the question?
Original post by beanigger
Unoffical Mark scheme for C1 AQA 2016

It would help if you could link answers to questions as i cant remember them :smile:

Questions:

1) a)Asked to work out gradient of a tangent, m= - 5/3 [2]
b)Asked to find co-ordinates of B B( - 3,4) [3]
c)Asked to find K K= - 30 [2]

2) a) simplify (3√5)^2 = 45 [1]
b) i cant remember the question but the answer was 75 - 32√5 [4]

3) a) y=(x-7/2)^2 - 41/4
b) min value = -41/4 [1]
c) Translation of (1/2 , 41/4)

4) a) show that (x+3) was a factor of x^3 - 5x^2 -8x + 48, p(-3) = 0, (x+3) is a factor of p(x).
b) three linear factors of p(x) = (x+3)(x-4)(x-4)
c) find remainder when p(x) was divided by (x+2) R=20
d) Factorise p(x) using (x+2) R = (x-2)(x^2-3x-14) + 20 [3]

5) a) asked to find equation of circle (x-5)^2+(y+3)^2=65 (note 65 = r^2) [3]
b) asked to find co-ordinates of B (AB is diameter) B ( 12, -7) [2]
c) asked to find equation of tangent at A 7x-4y+18=0 [5]
d) asked to find length of CT = 9 [2]

6) a) y=-32x-40
b)Q(-5/4) [1]
c) upside down positive graph passing through y axis at 8 [2]
d) x = -1±√5

7) a)
b)
c) definite integral = = 81 /4 [5]
d) area of shaded region = = 45/4 [3]

8) a) d^2y/dx^2= - 2x - 9x^2 [2]
b) verify that P was a minimum point sub x co-ordinate of P into dy/dx (given in the question) to prove it was a stationary point, then sub in x-coord of p into d^2y/dx^2 to get +45, d^2y/dx^2>0 therefore minimum point [4]
c) show that y is decreasing, so make your dy/dx<0 and rearrange to get into the form they wanted (note when you multiply by -1 the inequality sign flips)
d) cant remember anything except the answers were k>6 and k<-3/2

Answers that need a question to be assigned to
- k=4 and k=20

I dont know if anyone is interested but I made a more updated mark scheme that includes all of the actual questions, the step-by-step answers and where marks are allocated as well as a grade boundary guide. Let me know what people think :smile:
I dont know if anyone is interested but I made a more updated mark scheme that includes all of the actual questions, the step-by-step answers and where marks are allocated as well as a grade boundary guide. Let me know what people think :smile:

I genuinely forgot to put brackets around my coordinates for the first Q would i lose a mark?
Original post by SunDun111
I genuinely forgot to put brackets around my coordinates for the first Q would i lose a mark?

Are you referring to question 7 a) ii) ?
Are you referring to question 7 a) ii) ?

the 1st question with simultaneus equations.
the 1st question with simultaneus equations.

Oh right lol if you didnt put brackets but put both the x and y value this should be FINE and get you 3 marks. However if they are feeling super mean this year you'll still get 2/3 marks but its very unlikely-you should be fine. Good luck! :smile:
Oh right lol if you didnt put brackets but put both the x and y value this should be FINE and get you 3 marks. However if they are feeling super mean this year you'll still get 2/3 marks but its very unlikely-you should be fine. Good luck! :smile:

thanks and do you think optimisation will come up in c2? I didnt learn, it i find it difficult, to understand?
thanks and do you think optimisation will come up in c2? I didnt learn, it i find it difficult, to understand?

I think has in the past in core 2 so its somewhat likely something similar will appear. What is it you dont understand about it? Anything i can help w/?

Hi i got it all right u cant beat me😋😋. Im the biggest nerd.
I think has in the past in core 2 so its somewhat likely something similar will appear. What is it you dont understand about it? Anything i can help w/?

the concept of surface area and volume, what is the surface area?
Right well seen as this is a core 2 issue i would suggest checking out my core 2 thread that i started for this exact reason and ill explain it to you there: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4104433 :smile:
Original post by Alvin gay
Hi i got it all right u cant beat me😋😋. Im the biggest nerd.

Haha well as long as you didnt accidentally make a mistake you're off to a great start in terms of marks well done and good luck on the next paper(s) :smile:
I am pretty sure they will have an 'OE' in the mark scheme meaning it can be in any simplified form like your form. You should have nothing to worry about so good luck with core 2 :smile:

Thank you so much, good luck to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending