The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics May/June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Waveyalex
Personally I found maths easy to get an A or A* provided that you practice very hard beforehand on many different types of questions that may require you to think strategically to get the answer.
im hoping to practice hard but its going to be hard to do it for the next week as i've got my assignment to be working on as well as my job and an event im going to in London a few days after the non calculator exam. but if i can just get my marks 10 marks up that would be amazing as its a MUST that i get this grade B (even if im doing a foundation year)
Just did the non cal 2015 and am glad to say I got 88/100 there so much fuss ove the paper last year so I hope thos year will b good:biggrin:
Original post by ellamoon_22
Just did the non cal 2015 and am glad to say I got 88/100 there so much fuss ove the paper last year so I hope thos year will b good:biggrin:

I only got 75 wen i did that paper tho not my best score

Well done:h: past papers really help as at the beginning of septenber my average score was 45 and over the months I have been improving to a score of 88/90 out of 100
(edited 7 years ago)
so how did you find the paper? which results did you get?
Well done:h: past papers really help as at the beginning of septenber my average score was 45 and over the months I have been improving to a score of 88/90 out of 100

yh past papers help but i am a bit worried about the exam next thursday
The non-calc is a week today :redface:
Good luck with revision everyone :h:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by phat-chewbacca
Hey. Did you guys have a quadratic equation which simplifies to x^2 -360x +12800 = 0

Which gives you x = 320 or x = 40?????

Hopefully I am right!

i got that too! but i then assumed 320 couldn't be x because then the probability to get a three would be negative!
Reply 68
Original post by lily628
i got that too! but i then assumed 320 couldn't be x because then the probability to get a three would be negative!

Can you go through how you did it?
How do I secure a C on foundation?
Whats the worst topic they could ask you (higher paper) for me it would probs be sine and cosine graphs do i need to revise tht
Whats the worst topic they could ask you (higher paper) for me it would probs be sine and cosine graphs do i need to revise tht
Yes, definitely!
I'm so scared for Thursday!
Original post by thatonepunkguy
How do I secure a C on foundation?

Try to do as many past papers as you can and learn from your mistakes, tools like mathswatch are also useful.
Original post by Steampunk_Turtle
Well my school have been awful about maths.
In yr 10 i sat the dreaded Hannahs sweets paper- I got a B i was happy
My school weren't happy- so everyone got reentered
In September, I sat another paper- I got a very high B (1 mark off an A in fact)
My school still weren't happy
Then we all started learning IGCSE stuff for some reason. Sets venns, differentiation amongst other things. This was completely unhelpful as noone knew which exam we were taking and we proceeded to waste 5 months on a syllabus we weren't even taking.
So now I've given up, I will revise later but i have my B (i can get into sixth form) and i feel like i could be in a much better place if we were told.
So i will be sitting this exam- but not well and with lots and lots of rage

Yeah I sat the Hannah's sweets question paper when I was in year 10. Thankfully the grade boundaries were slightly lower than usual or I would have had to do it again too.
Reply 75
Original post by lunaticash19995
The only way to revise maths is doing past papers so that is all I have done... as in 2 past papers.

ive been revising since jan done every past paper and im still quite nervous for the exam
Reply 76

I managed to get 98 so I got the B
If anyone has any A* booklets or access to anymore 2016 non-calc predicted papers it would be much appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any good resources for foundation? I'm pretty sure I've done all the past papers already (I did a lot for homework from my teacher, as well as mock exams)
Original post by thatonepunkguy
Does anyone have any good resources for foundation? I'm pretty sure I've done all the past papers already (I did a lot for homework from my teacher, as well as mock exams)

There's a predicted paper on On Maths. I'm doing Foundation too. Good luck! It comes with a walkthrough video too. :smile: Mathsgenie also has pages of exam questions on specific topics, so say if you need to revise Pythagoras, you could just print off some pages of Pythagoras questions and do those until you're happy. :smile:

http://onmaths.com/mock_exams/?archiveType=predictions
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest