The Student Room Group

Edexcel Spanish Reading and Listening Exam (20 May 2016)

Scroll to see replies

This was on the listening paper but who aviods salty foods and who drinks fruit tea?????????? I didn't hear the word for fruit tea!! :frown:
Original post by IDEKOKAY
This was on the listening paper but who aviods salty foods and who drinks fruit tea?????????? I didn't hear the word for fruit tea!! :frown:

Not 100% but I think the first person avoided the salty foods, was a very hard paper
Reply 22
Original post by IDEKOKAY

I think for the fruit (wasn't it juice?) it was the third person? Not too sure though. I got 1st person for the salty foods:s-smilie:
For the foundation what are the grade boundaries going to be like to get a C?

Posted from TSR Mobile
28 was previous low for a*?? I really cant see the (higher) papers being this, a bit lower.
Original post by stormblazer999
Oh, certainly. They will definitely pull the grade boundaries lower.

The grade boundaries reflect on the performances of everyone nationally. So if everyone did terrible, the grade boundaries will be lowered (and vice versa).

I hope that everyone does terrible so we can get lower grade boundaries! :biggrin:

This was also harder than June 2015 in my opinion.

Yeah, the green buses article was quite challenging, as well as the packaged holidays like you said. Also, am I the only one that found the Engineering question on the Listening paper challenging? I answered all of the questions but I don't necessarily know if I'm right...

What was the question about Green buses? Worried I've missed a question out and didn't see it as I don't remember that at all (did the Higher Paper too). But did forget most of the questions after so probably did it..
Original post by student2607
What was the question about Green buses? Worried I've missed a question out and didn't see it as I don't remember that at all (did the Higher Paper too). But did forget most of the questions after so probably did it..

It was the last question, I think. It was just a long article about new buses that would be more environmentally friendly and it explained its effect in the city.
The questions were tickboxes. It was an 8 marker.
It was the last question, I think. It was just a long article about new buses that would be more environmentally friendly and it explained its effect in the city.

Oh my god I don't remember that, but I remember doing the Reading Paper in a weird order and went to the back to do the last one at one point in the middle of the time, I honestly don't know if I did it or not super worried now :'(

That was Higher Paper right?
Oh my god I don't remember that, but I remember doing the Reading Paper in a weird order and went to the back to do the last one at one point in the middle of the time, I honestly don't know if I did it or not super worried now :'(

Here are some keywords that might make you remember it:

- tranquilidad, ruidamente, ventajas, motor, vehicles, reducida, etc, cuidad, centra, urban, comercial, etc....
That was Higher Paper right?

Yeah, it was the Higher Paper - Question 8, last page, a very long article, 8 tickboxes (vii), all about green buses, etc.
On the all-inclusive holiday question (I don't know if this is right) I put about how the people might be surprised to discover that they weigh more at the end of their holiday.... and then I read that this was because they eat more than normal as it is 'all inclusive' so they will lose control...

Did anyone else get this?? :s-smilie:
Yeah, it was the Higher Paper - Question 8, last page, a very long article, 8 tickboxes (vii), all about green buses, etc.

Have sent you a direct message with a link to the unofficial mark scheme as I am super confused as I recognise all the questions on that but can't see one I recognise as a bus :frown:
Have sent you a direct message with a link to the unofficial mark scheme as I am super confused as I recognise all the questions on that but can't see one I recognise as a bus :frown:

We've sorted it I'm doing AQA that's why I don't recognise that question, omg :')
Reply 34
Original post by scienceartist
On the all-inclusive holiday question (I don't know if this is right) I put about how the people might be surprised to discover that they weigh more at the end of their holiday.... and then I read that this was because they eat more than normal as it is 'all inclusive' so they will lose control...

I got that they'll be surprised because they'll get a bill when they're going home and that's because they'll have heavier suitcases because they bought more things. In that sentence the main things I understood were the word 'cuenta', something about going home and something to do with weight (can't remember what it was).

I really don't know though, I found that question the hardest, especially where it asked for two details and even though I understood most of the section it was asking about I could only pick out one specific detail.
Reply 35
Original post by scienceartist

I got this!!
I said they have gained weight, as they eat more than necessary as they cannot control themselves:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lucy1999
For the foundation what are the grade boundaries going to be like to get a C?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the higher but my teacher said the paper was relatively straight forward so you can probably only drop 2/3 marks for a C
Original post by Lelanor
I can mostly only remember the words not the letters or order, but I said the busses were smaller, silent, good for accessing places that other vehicles can't. I think I got the same as you for the last two answers and probably some or all of the others.

My teacher did the exam and said the first two were B and the last was C but I can't remember the others
In the Higher Listening, there was a question about air conditioners, internet access or TV satellites. Anyone put air conditioners as I heard 'calor' which means hot.
Original post by UsaamahFzl
I put air conditioners as well.I'm pretty sure that was right.

Yes, I think so. There was also another one about engineering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending