The Student Room Group

Stretch marks on stomach but not pregnant?

So I've been getting stretch marks on my tummy for some reason and I honestly don't know why. I've heard you normally get it when you're pregnant but I haven't had sex for a long time so it's unlikely. I've been controlling my eating for a while now but I swear you only get stretch marks on your stomach through dramatic weight gain?

I've been putting bio oil on them because I hate the look of them.. HELP?
it's pretty normal. Sure you're more likely to get them if your skin on your tummy is stretched through weight gain or pregnancy but everyone gets stretch marks. My friend who is quite slim got them around her hips and tummy as she went through puberty- perfectly normal and they dont go away so I recommend you make peace with them :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by picklescamp
it's pretty normal. Sure you're more likely to get them if your skin on your tummy is stretched through weight gain or pregnancy but everyone gets stretch marks. My friend who is quite slim got them around her hips and tummy as she went through puberty- perfectly normal and they dont go away so I recommend you make peace with them :smile:

I understand that but I'm baffled on why they're forming on my stomach. I have stretch marks on my hips and the side of my stomach and my thighs but never on my stomach. I've been so insecure over them because I think they're ugly.
Original post by Anonymous
I understand that but I'm baffled on why they're forming on my stomach. I have stretch marks on my hips and the side of my stomach and my thighs but never on my stomach. I've been so insecure over them because I think they're ugly.

well if you want to stop it continuing to happen perhaps tone your stomach? Because essentially it's getting stretched. I have some on my tummy, it made me feel self conscious as first but honestly it's so normal. They'll fade in time so won't be as obvious but yeah- idk what else to tell you :lol: I can't tell you why they're forming but most lightly some form of weight gain
Reply 4
Original post by picklescamp
well if you want to stop it continuing to happen perhaps tone your stomach? Because essentially it's getting stretched. I have some on my tummy, it made me feel self conscious as first but honestly it's so normal. They'll fade in time so won't be as obvious but yeah- idk what else to tell you :lol: I can't tell you why they're forming but most lightly some form of weight gain

Thanks anyway :smile:
Reply 5
Anyone else? I'm desperate.
Reply 6
Anyone else? I'm desperate.

Are you tall? They could be from simply growing upwards I have them all over my back from growing :/
I've got stretchmarks on like 60% of my body lol on my stomach, arms, thighs, knees, lower back, and I'm very slim. They're are completely normal no matter what body type you have and yes will fade to either a silver colour (if you're fair skinned) or a darker colour to your skin (if you have dark brown skin). You can reduce the likelihood of getting more by moisturizing and exfoliating but it is unlikely that they will go completely, even with laser surgeries. Learn to accept and love them :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Aliyyah
Are you tall? They could be from simply growing upwards I have them all over my back from growing :/

I'm only 5'4.
For stretch mark Dermalmd Stretch Mark Serum is Awesome! This is my first purchase and I am on my 24th day already. Due to my post-pregnancy stretch marks on my belly and breast, I felt really self conscious ( they weren't awfully huge or purple). I saw some great results in a week. Although, I love the results!! I'm almost beach body ready!
I'm only 5'4.

I'm 5 foot 1 and I have some stretch marks on my inner thighs, I've never been pregnant or overweight. They're not very noticeable but just goes to show that anyone can get them, mine were probably just from growing during puberty.

Latest