The Student Room Group

Edexcel PE exam 2016- thoughts?

What's people's thoughts on today's exam I found it worryingly easy..

Scroll to see replies

Thought it was really good!!
Thought it was GREAT.........and then i compared my answers with people and realised i read at least 3 of the questions wrong..yay :/
setting myself up for a fail :wink:
I found the last six mark question a bit difficult but the rest of the exam was pretty good!
Reply 4
Found it difficult, what did everyone write for the 800m runner needing reaction time?
Reply 5
It was an average paper for me. Luckily, I got 48/50 in the practical exam, so with a bit of luck, I should have got an A*. What did everyone write for the last 6 mark question, the question about when an 800m runner would need fast reactions, the question about interval training for 10000m and 100m runners, the question about priority groups, and the question about why the elite basketball player would be a good coach?
Reply 6
For the 800m reaction time one: They need to react quickly when another runner is going to over take them and they just see them so they need to push themselves harder to keep infront of them ( I don't know if it right or not that's just what I put )
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
I said for the 800m one:- they'd need to react to the bend and be able to change direction of their running and stay in lane

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M-w123
For the 800m reaction time one: They need to react quickly when another runner is going to over take them and they just see them so they need to push themselves harder to keep infront of them ( I don't know if it right or not that's just what I put )

same
I said reaction time to the gun, moving too early will lead to disqualification
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by lolol9
Found it difficult, what did everyone write for the 800m runner needing reaction time?

i put that they needed a quick reaction time to spot the opening of space so they could enter and pass through, and i just explained why that would be helpful for them to win the race.
Reply 11
i said that if they were to trip or lose balance they can quickly react to the stimulus and regain balance
Reply 12
Original post by M-w123

I wrote that too :smile:
what did you lot pick for the first multiple choice question?
Original post by kennethdcharles
I wrote that too :smile:

Original post by Fxli9
i said that if they were to trip or lose balance they can quickly react to the stimulus and regain balance

Original post by fjsjdfj
i put that they needed a quick reaction time to spot the opening of space so they could enter and pass through, and i just explained why that would be helpful for them to win the race.

Original post by FutureDietitian
same

Original post by kennethdcharles
It was an average paper for me. Luckily, I got 48/50 in the practical exam, so with a bit of luck, I should have got an A*. What did everyone write for the last 6 mark question, the question about when an 800m runner would need fast reactions, the question about interval training for 10000m and 100m runners, the question about priority groups, and the question about why the elite basketball player would be a good coach?

Original post by Wolfram Alpha
I found the last six mark question a bit difficult but the rest of the exam was pretty good!

Original post by bethanyjx
Thought it was GREAT.........and then i compared my answers with people and realised i read at least 3 of the questions wrong..yay :/
setting myself up for a fail :wink:

Original post by SerenaMaha
Thought it was really good!!

What did you guys write for the 'why are performance enhancing drugs banned?'
you know the risk assessment, question where you had the ice hockey picture and the sailing picture. For the sailing picture i wrote you may drown for the risk and to prevent this i wrote 'inflatable vest' cos my mind went blank and yh
would i get a mark for that?
Original post by M-w123

I wrote this too! I am glad someone else put that too haha
Original post by Helpmepickone
you know the risk assessment, question where you had the ice hockey picture and the sailing picture. For the sailing picture i wrote you may drown for the risk and to prevent this i wrote 'inflatable vest' cos my mind went blank and yh
would i get a mark for that?

I wrote that too so I hope so haha!
Original post by ellieffion
I wrote this too! I am glad someone else put that too haha

would this be right as well
I wrote
they need to have reaction time when the opponents make a slight mistake and he capitalise on it and overtake them
well something along the lines of that
Original post by ellieffion
I wrote that too so I hope so haha!

what, you wrote 'inflatable vest'?

Quick Reply