The Student Room Group

If money was no object what would your dream wedding be like?

For me it would be just the two of us on some beach abroad somewhere.
What about you?

Scroll to see replies

I don't know yet, depends what the other likes too.
Reply 2
I like my wedding on the beach at night with white lights and candles. I would just like to invite families and some close friends to make it more intimate.
Reply 3
I have heard of obscene amounts of money being spent on weddings. It is a major life event but hard to imagine it being worth more than £10k - clothing, dinner for close family & friends, a few photos and a nice holiday. Any more is madness - and particularly if it ends in a messy divorce.
On a beach somewhere with a handful of friends and a simple dress :h:

Honestly, there's something nauseating about the way millionaires/billionaires throw weddings. Most of the times the bride looks like a tangle of lace and heavy layers.
Reply 5
full of pastel colours, pink, sparkly thing and dimantes, fairy lights etc

Reply 6
Even if me and my partner were millionaires, we'd still just have a simple civil wedding somewhere like Gretna and then just go for a chippy afterwards with about ten guests :laugh: not into big fancy weddings tbh.

I'd rather spend more money on the honeymoon and a nicer house together than the wedding itself which is only one day. It's being together for the rest of our lives that really counts :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really dont want to have a wedding, i dont see the point

if i did have a wedding, i wouldnt spend more money on it if i was a millionare.
Original post by ilikechinesefood
I don't know yet, depends what the other likes too.

Will it involve chinese food?

Original post by ellej93
I like my wedding on the beach at night with white lights and candles. I would just like to invite families and some close friends to make it more intimate.

That sounds like a lovely wedding,it can be difficult saying no to certain people being invited though.(part of why i dont want to invite anyone really).
I was walking past a wedding dress shop today and had to try and subtlety look at the dresses so as not to look like a forever alone weirdo XD
Reply 10
Seychelles
Invite everyone we know
Original post by Zarek
I have heard of obscene amounts of money being spent on weddings. It is a major life event but hard to imagine it being worth more than £10k - clothing, dinner for close family & friends, a few photos and a nice holiday. Any more is madness - and particularly if it ends in a messy divorce.

I believe the average UK spend is like 12k, which i could never spend that much on one day, hotels and other business really do try to take advantages with their prices though. I think it's possible to have a wedding for half that, if you were to budget it well, but i do think some people can spend an awful lot by having many guests.

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
On a beach somewhere with a handful of friends and a simple dress :h:

Honestly, there's something nauseating about the way millionaires/billionaires throw weddings. Most of the times the bride looks like a tangle of lace and heavy layers.

Beaches seem a pretty popular choice:smile: I love simple wedding dresses, dont know why people want to wear something big with heavy layers unless somehow you can make that very comfortable.
Original post by shawtyb
full of pastel colours, pink, sparkly thing and dimantes, fairy lights etc

Those fairy lights look really pretty :smile:

Original post by Spock's Socks

I'd rather spend more money on the honeymoon and a nicer house together than the wedding itself which is only one day. It's being together for the rest of our lives that really counts :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel the exact same, i think simple weddings are much less stressful, don't want to be worrying about the day for months before:h: where do you think your ideal honeymoon would be?:smile:
Original post by Blondie987
I was walking past a wedding dress shop today and had to try and subtlety look at the dresses so as not to look like a forever alone weirdo XD

If i didnt work in a jewellers, i would probably be looking at lots of wedding dress shop windows. I think its perfectly okay to look at the windows, maybe not so much if you went in to look by yourself:P
Original post by claireestelle
What about you?

Why abroad? Go to Camber Sands! Parking's a bitch, but the beach is bitchin'.

You're more than welcome to steal that for a slogan to stick on the invites by the way.
Reply 15
What about you?

Vegas baby!
Original post by Drunk Punx
Why abroad? Go to Camber Sands! Parking's a bitch, but the beach is bitchin'.

You're more than welcome to steal that for a slogan to stick on the invites by the way.

My actual wedding plans will be in england, but there's something about a foreign beach that seems so pretty.
loads of poon
If money was no object i'd probably be using bitcoin.
What about you?

I'd probably want to get married in the Milan Cathedral or somewhere equally imposing and gothic and then go to Norway or another cold Nordic country for the honeymoon and spend a few weeks doing stuff like ice-sledding, skiing etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending