The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature

Hi, i got my AIC and OMAN exam on Monday and i was wondering to get a C/B, how many paragraphs do you need to write?
Reply 1
Original post by Helpmepickone
Hi, i got my AIC and OMAN exam on Monday and i was wondering to get a C/B, how many paragraphs do you need to write?

Quality > Quantity
6 should be alright (including an intro and conclusion)
Original post by luciie
Quality > Quantity
6 should be alright (including an intro and conclusion)

6 paragraphs in 45 mins
Reply 3
Original post by Helpmepickone
6 paragraphs in 45 mins

4 detailed ones. The intro and conclusion don't have to be that long :smile:
Reply 4
Do you have any tips for answering section B on OMAM?:smile:
Reply 5
With the OMAM, my teacher says not to do an introduction or conclusion! It only wastes time! He says to do 6 detailed paragraphs with 6 separate points!:h:
Reply 6
Original post by Edosawr
With the OMAM, my teacher says not to do an introduction or conclusion! It only wastes time! He says to do 6 detailed paragraphs with 6 separate points!:h:

My teacher says do a conclusion but leave out the intro
I'm doing AQA English Literature on Monday, and I'm going to do about 6 paragraphs,
Some advice:
- When you write about the poem, do P.E.E.Z. paragraphs:
- Point - What are you going to talk about?
- Evidence - Quotation (Related to your point).
- Explanation - Explain in detail about the evidence, what it implies, and what it means.
- Zoom - Zoom in on one particular word, and its effect on the reader etc.

& don't forget to talk about the effect on the reader, because you can't get more than a D! :smile:

In your response don't forget to talk about the form, language, imagery, tone, subject matter, and any poetic devices, and their effect on the reader.
Reply 8
Original post by Oinkpig
My teacher says do a conclusion but leave out the intro

Yeah, either way 5 or 6 detailed main points is good!:smile:
Reply 9
In section B do you explain your quotes
Original post by Oinkpig
In section B do you explain your quotes

Yeah, so for section B you have to analyse your quotes properly with linguistic features but focus on the context of 1930s America!
Reply 11
Original post by Edosawr
Yeah, so for section B you have to analyse your quotes properly with linguistic features but focus on the context of 1930s America!

Ohhh I was just quoting the text but not explaining it
my teacher told me 3-4 paragraphs ....I would never be able to write six:s-smilie:... my paragraphs are really long though..
Original post by leopard923
my teacher told me 3-4 paragraphs ....I would never be able to write six:s-smilie:... my paragraphs are really long though..

Then you should be fine! Mine are about half a page each (if that) but I've got quite big writing! Don't worry!
Hey Guys,

For section B ensure that you pick out quotes that you are able to juice alot of connotations and analysis from. make sure you are not retelling the story and ensure that you are referring back to the question and to the writers intentions and his overall message.
Original post by Edosawr
Then you should be fine! Mine are about half a page each (if that) but I've got quite big writing! Don't worry!

Thank you! And mine are about 3/4 of a page so I suppose it adds up lool:wink: suppose quality is more important :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest