The Student Room Group

Edexcel PE GCSE

How do you think the exam went, and if there's any question you want to discuss, feel free to ask?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is there an edexcel gcse PE unofficial markscheme?
Someone needs to make an unofficial mark scheme :wink:
Original post by d123faye
Is there an edexcel gcse PE unofficial markscheme?

Original post by princessmaide
Someone needs to make an unofficial mark scheme :wink:

why dont we create one?
Original post by Helpmepickone
why dont we create one?

haha the question with the 17.5 was confusing and the last question i BSed it
haha the question with the 17.5 was confusing and the last question i BSed it

what the multiple question one?
what the multiple question one?

yh that one
yh that one

come on that was easy
the answer was 'good'
come on that was easy
the answer was 'good'

ok ok what about the last question, i talked about isometric coontraction, quads, gasticnemus, tendons, ligaments etc... wbu?
ok ok what about the last question, i talked about isometric coontraction, quads, gasticnemus, tendons, ligaments etc... wbu?

i talked about antagonist muscle pairs, contract and relax, gluteals allow the rotation of hip, quad,hamstrings, extension, flexion and that's it
Reply 10

I said about antagonistic pairs, movement at the joint (flexion and extension) and how muscles are joint to the skeletal system via ligaments and tendons

Posted from TSR Mobile
i talked about antagonist muscle pairs, contract and relax, gluteals allow the rotation of hip, quad,hamstrings, extension, flexion and that's it

what did you get for your practicals, and what sports did you do?
what did you get for your practicals, and what sports did you do?

i got 45 out 50

i did continuous training,football,table tennis and weight training
what about u?
i got 45 out 50

what about u?

i was 1 mark off an A* (i forgot how many marks; i think it was 48 or 47) i did dance, continuous training, badminton officiating, swimming (lifesaving), my PEP was 4/4 i got the highest out of the 4 other girls who do PE
i was 1 mark off an A* (i forgot how many marks; i think it was 48 or 47) i did dance, continuous training, badminton officiating, swimming (lifesaving), my PEP was 4/4 i got the highest out of the 4 other girls who do PE

what skl do u go to?
Hey Guys - thought I'd join in as I also took today!

In my practical I got full marks so I was on a C and I want an A* so I needed 60 marks - did I think I got it... maybe not probably just short if anything.

The last question I looked like my leg was having a spaz attack underneath the table (anyone else kick an imaginary football?) I talked about the antagonistic pairs and how the skeletal system allows for movement through the ligaments and tendons (although I got them mixed up🙈)

Did anyone have to try and stop themselves from laughing at the bike question? or just me?

How did you answer the interval training for the 10,000m runner??

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got 45 out 50

what about u?

I got 45 out of 50 too, do you know how many marks we would need for a B or A in the theory exam today (out of 80) :P
Original post by _chloeematt

In my practical I got full marks so I was on a C and I want an A* so I needed 60 marks - did I think I got it... maybe not probably just short if anything.

The last question I looked like my leg was having a spaz attack underneath the table (anyone else kick an imaginary football?) I talked about the antagonistic pairs and how the skeletal system allows for movement through the ligaments and tendons (although I got them mixed up🙈)

Did anyone have to try and stop themselves from laughing at the bike question? or just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i said rund for 5,000m then rest for a couple of minutes then run another 5,000m then rest again
Original post by Brendan99
I got 45 out of 50 too, do you know how many marks we would need for a B or A in the theory exam today (out of 80) :P

to get a B u need 32 and to get an A u need 52
Original post by _chloeematt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bike question I said about how the bike replicates the physical activity so it was specific and for the 10,000 meter question I said in the race it will include the runner running at different paces for example medium jog throughout the race but towards the end it'll be more like a sprint and this is similar to interval as it has changes in speed. :smile:

Quick Reply