The Student Room Group

If money was no object what would your dream wedding be like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
Those fairy lights look really pretty :smile:

I feel the exact same, i think simple weddings are much less stressful, don't want to be worrying about the day for months before:h: where do you think your ideal honeymoon would be?:smile:

We're hoping to go back to Iceland for our honeymoon but knowing us, we'll be skint and we'll end up just having to go to Blackpool Pleasure Beach instead :laugh: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Beaches seem a pretty popular choice:smile: I love simple wedding dresses, dont know why people want to wear something big with heavy layers unless somehow you can make that very comfortable.

Beaches is a nice place to get married I guess. Or somewhere in a forest maybe with a lake nearby. It sounds cheesy but I would love to light laterns and release them into the sky :':wink:

And then spend the honeymoon in one of those huts on the ocean in Bora Bora or something.
(edited 7 years ago)
that looks like quite the impressive venue.
that looks like quite the impressive venue.

It's beautiful isn't it?
Reply 24
Buy an island and have it there?
I'd get married in an old English castle in the middle of summer and make a long weekend of it with all of our nearest and dearest. :h:
Original post by Spock's Socks
We're hoping to go back to Iceland for our honeymoon but knowing us, we'll be skint and we'll end up just having to go to Blackpool Pleasure Beach instead :laugh: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could get personalised honeymoon rock :P

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Beaches is a nice place to get married I guess. Or somewhere in a forest maybe with a lake nearby. It sounds cheesy but I would love to light laterns and release them into the sky :':wink:

That's not cheesy at all, although be prepared for health and safety laws to stop you (one venue i've looked at refuses to let you do it on their lawn,spoilt sports i say:P)
Original post by M14B
Seychelles
Invite everyone we know

Another person for a beach wedding?

Original post by Reue
Vegas baby!

Complete with an elvis?
Oh my god it is gorgeous!

You could get personalised honeymoon rock :P

That's not cheesy at all, although be prepared for health and safety laws to stop you (one venue i've looked at refuses to let you do it on their lawn,spoilt sports i say:P)

Idiots :colonhash: Nvm but my future dogs will be ringbearers :3
Normally i cant see the appeal of cathedrals but that is some brilliant architecture.
Reply 30
Another person for a beach wedding?

Definitely
Original post by Katarvi
I'd get married in an old English castle in the middle of summer and make a long weekend of it with all of our nearest and dearest. :h:

Castle weddings would make for some amazing photos :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you looked at Lake District or Snowdonia National Park? I saw a house being rented for couples and it was overlooking a lake with the forest right behind it and if memory serves me right, it wasn't too expensive either. :smile:
Reply 33
No matter how rich I was, I would still have mine in a church. The reception however is a different story :P
Have you looked at Lake District or Snowdonia National Park?

I'd second those as great uk wedding locations, having grown up neat snowdonia you'd get amazing views there.
Normally i cant see the appeal of cathedrals but that is some brilliant architecture.

Gothic architecture is among the most beautiful in the world imo, I can't imagine it would be cheap to get married there though. Such a beautiful building probably needs a lot of work to keep it in good condition
I'd second those as great uk wedding locations, having grown up neat snowdonia you'd get amazing views there.

I have honestly never been to anywhere as beautiful and peaceful as Snowdonia. Last time I was there I was on a hill and I literally watched the sun set over a lake.. The sights are amazing and you have a little village nearby and the park overlooks the mountains and there's a lake.. And the ice cream is so nice ahh.

Would defo go again. I miss it so much!
Somewhere nice and private, probably in the rain knowing my luck.
I imagine it would be thousands of euros there.
I have honestly never been to anywhere as beautiful and peaceful as Snowdonia. Last time I was there I was on a hill and I literally watched the sun set over a lake.. The sights are amazing and you have a little village nearby and the park overlooks the mountains and there's a lake.. And the ice cream is so nice ahh.

Would defo go again. I miss it so much!

It is incredibly peaceful, i do miss being surrounded by greenery, but then i remember the awful public transport:P I presume you mean the ice cream in llanberis, they really know their ice cream there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest