The Student Room Group

AQA AS Product Design 2016 Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Are the metal predictions for the AS or A2 exam?
Reply 21
Original post by Sweet_sofia
Are the metal predictions for the AS or A2 exam?

In terms of the AS, I'm thinking there'll be a metal based section C because it's been polymers for the past two years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AbbieL
Yeah, mine should be an A with 78/90 so if the moderator doesn't change it, I should be okay, what about yours?

Oh okay that's good! and mines been marked as 82/85, I worked out that if I didn't retake and got a U in A2 I'd get a C overall, that's if the moderator doesn't change my mark :/ Hopefully all should be okay
How's everyone feeling about this ? :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
How's everyone feeling about this ? :smile:

Another thread :biggrin:
I think i've got plastics coverered but i need to revise more for metal processes! It's not sticking to my head
Original post by k.m.b
Another thread :biggrin:
I think i've got plastics coverered but i need to revise more for metal processes! It's not sticking to my head

Yeah this is the exam thread lol, that other one was about a website but turned into exam chat :lol:
same tbh plastics are far better than metals yet everything seems to be pointing to a metals based exam :/

-----------------
Has anyone got any good quizzes or anything about product design? honestly the lack of resources about this infuriates me and can't do the past papers because i've done all the questions before :/
Original post by CoolCavy
Yeah this is the exam thread lol, that other one was about a website but turned into exam chat :lol:
same tbh plastics are far better than metals yet everything seems to be pointing to a metals based exam :/

-----------------
Has anyone got any good quizzes or anything about product design? honestly the lack of resources about this infuriates me and can't do the past papers because i've done all the questions before :/

Oh right ok:h:
Im just trying to remember as much as i can!
Also, this is a good website :
Www.technologystudent.com
i know the exam is just 3 days away, but which chapters do we need to know for the exam :s-smilie: the textbook says chapter 1,2 and 3 for the AS exam but some of the resources given by my school say its pretty much all of it
Reply 28
Original post by AdreesInator
i know the exam is just 3 days away, but which chapters do we need to know for the exam :s-smilie: the textbook says chapter 1,2 and 3 for the AS exam but some of the resources given by my school say its pretty much all of it

Just 1,2,3 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh ty so much
Reply 30
Original post by AdreesInator
ahh ty so much

You're welcome, good luck on Monday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
whats the predictions for section A?
Will we ever be asked to draw the different printing processes? because they all look like random circles everywhere...
Extremely hard to predict for product design - anything could come up. All I know is that they have to include all points of the specification in each paper in like a 10 year cycle or something, worst thing is we don't have access to earlier papers, so I just don't know :frown:
Original post by Music With Rocks
Will we ever be asked to draw the different printing processes? because they all look like random circles everywhere...

I've made my notes based on specifications and what we did in class but is it right that we don't need to know printing types, glass and some of the stuff like welding I'm sure we only need to know little detail on. Please correct this but I'm sure we haven't been taught half the spec in class especially metal processes until the end.
Can somebody explain why the prediction for C is metals? It's been plastics for the last 2 years so it's predicted it won't be that, but then why not timber or composites or ceramics?

Also, does anybody have any good links or little write ups about finishes for woods, metals and plastics, cause there's more marks than just what type of finish it is, there's marks for saying sanding the material, primer or whatever etc.
Original post by lozengerrrr
Extremely hard to predict for product design - anything could come up. All I know is that they have to include all points of the specification in each paper in like a 10 year cycle or something, worst thing is we don't have access to earlier papers, so I just don't know :frown:

How come you don't have access to earlier papers?

Was thinking the same...
they should be here: :smile:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/design-and-technology/as-and-a-level/design-and-technology-product-design-3d-2550/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

^^^Unit 1

No I mean the earlier papers from the ones on the website hahaha
Original post by lozengerrrr
No I mean the earlier papers from the ones on the website hahaha

ohhhhh... I getcha :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending