The Student Room Group

Edexcel Astronomy GCSE 20/5/16

Just did the Exam, thought was quite hard. How did everyone find it. You think grade boundaries will be low?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It was pretty tough, especially compared to the last few years of past papers. Let's just all hope for low boundaries.
Original post by Gredore
It was pretty tough, especially compared to the last few years of past papers. Let's just all hope for low boundaries.

Yeah, I mean I was surprised when I saw the 6 marker, as not been one before, but thought was one of the easier question in the test. With astronomy you either know it or you don't.
I thought it was okay. There were just 2 questions I wasn't too sure on
Reply 4
I think the issue with this year's paper, was just that it was different to the last few. The 6 marker was a surprise, but to be honest, that was fairly simple apart from the scary concept (at least to me) of having to write a short essay :'). The mathsy stuff though, was a little too much. The maths itself was simple, but the questions made it very hard to see what we were actually supposed to do with the numbers.
Overall a pretty hard exam I think, I'm sure that will be reflected in the grade boundaries...what have you guys got for coursework/are hoping to get overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you put for the time question on like AST and GMT and all that?
Original post by Andreahdlfuente
What did you put for the time question on like AST and GMT and all that?

Can't remember the actual time but remember was ??:02. Which was +2 from the clock time. Is this the question u talking about.
Original post by lilacpotato
Overall a pretty hard exam I think, I'm sure that will be reflected in the grade boundaries...what have you guys got for coursework/are hoping to get overall?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got A* overall which was 38 out of 40. u?
Original post by 00sevenmagic
Can't remember the actual time but remember was ??:02. Which was +2 from the clock time. Is this the question u talking about.

OMGG I put that! And so to prove that the experiment happened 2 degrees west did you do 09:10 - 09:02?
Original post by Andreahdlfuente
OMGG I put that! And so to prove that the experiment happened 2 degrees west did you do 09:10 - 09:02?

Yes, which is 8 minutes. As every degree is 4 minutes
I got A* overall which was 38 out of 40. u?

36/40 - I'm hoping for an A overall (that would be amazing!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
36/40 - I'm hoping for an A overall (that would be amazing!)
Posted from TSR Mobile

What do u think u got in the exam?
What do u think u got in the exam?

I'd like to think I got an A but I'm not sure, if I get a high B I might still be in with a chance of an A. What do you think you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd like to think I got an A but I'm not sure, if I get a high B I might still be in with a chance of an A. What do you think you got?
Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah basically the same, hope got A depending on grade boundaries but if get high B still may get A due to getting A* in course work.
yeah basically the same, hope got A depending on grade boundaries but if get high B still may get A due to getting A* in course work.

Are you planning to go on to do anything with astronomy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you planning to go on to do anything with astronomy?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe, not really sure at moment. Gonna study Biology, Chemistry, Physics and maths for A level.
Maybe, not really sure at moment. Gonna study Biology, Chemistry, Physics and maths for A level.

I guess you like science then? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess you like science then? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, i think so
Yeah the 6 marker was scary when I looked through the paper at first, but when I actually got to it it was actually one of the easiest questions

Quick Reply

Latest