The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NoahMal
@iMacJack Feelin a tad bit more confident now @kingaaran

What did you get for Q7 for the value of a?
Original post by edothero
If that's a solid 64/75 then I would like to think you've got an A in the bag, though we can't be sure untill the grade boundaries come out.
Good job nevertheless

Original post by Louisb19
Nice. 100UMS if they will allow me to say that the lines are in the same direction instead of that they are parallel. Also I didn't prove it as I thought it was obvious from the graph.

Chin up mate it ain't over yet. The A-Level consists of 6 modules, all of equal weight.
Best of luck, if you need help PM me :yy:

Original post by mathsisjust

I swear it's in the solutions..

Posted from TSR Mobile

-1 Because it has to be "real" Therefore the imaginary party had to be equal to zero Hence finding that 4a+4 = 0 therefore a=-4/4
Original post by Princepieman
I swear it's in the solutions..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just clarifying a=-1 is the correct answer right?
Original post by magicrazzaq
75/75 for me then... As usual

Just clarifying a=-1 is the correct answer right?

Ofc lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NoahMal
-1 Because it has to be "real" Therefore the imaginary party had to be equal to zero Hence finding that 4a+4 = 0 therefore a=-4/4

A lot of people got different answers for that Q. :s-smilie:
Does it matter that I didn't do this step in the first proof by induction:

1463740632449.jpg
Original post by NoahMal

Is Arsey a math's teacher??

I did my FP1 last year, for the answers check Arsey's first post, its legit.

Is Arsey a student or?

Thanks tho, appreciated :smile: what did you get for fp1 last yr?
Arsey what Mark would I get if I got the value of A wrong but then I got the corresponding parts right for my value of a? So like I got the mod and arg right for it and the argand right for my value and the last part of the geometrical thing wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louisb19
Nice. 100UMS if they will allow me to say that the lines are in the same direction instead of that they are parallel. Also I didn't prove it as I thought it was obvious from the graph.

Same, I said they were parallel as I could tell that the gradients were the same but I didnt write down me working out the gradients. Plus the question said to "describe" so I didnt think it was necessary
Original post by iMacJack
Arsey what Mark would I get if I got the value of A wrong but then I got the corresponding parts right for my value of a? So like I got the mod and arg right for it and the argand right for my value and the last part of the geometrical thing wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is Arsey definitely right for that Q for the value of a ??
I just want to clarify, do you drop a mark if you say the segments are parallel and show that they are parallel but not one is twice the length of the other. Thats the only thing stopping me from getting full marks looooooooooooooooooool.
Reply 219
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Does it matter that I didn't do this step in the first proof by induction:

1463740632449.jpg

To me, if you missed out that step, it would make your proof seem counterintuitive. You would've went from having two fractions which could be added, to taking them away.

With that step included, it would've made your intentions very clear.

It could go either way. Considering it was only worth 5 marks, it would suggest to me that this year's proofs are low on the method marks for the inductive step. This means you could get away with it, given the rest of your proof is correct.

But equally, they may have stopped awarding a mark for one of the previous steps in proof questions.

In summary, nobody will be able to tell you. The exam is over with and you will only find out when the mark schemes are released this Summer.

Latest

Trending

Trending