The Student Room Group

The Official OCR English Literature H072/H472 Predictions and Discussion Thread (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OddFuturez
What do you talk about for Wolf-Alice?

Wolf Alice herself, how she is not human and neither is she a wolf. The Duke and his portrayal, the symbolism with the wedding dress and metamorphosis with Wolf-Alice herself when she is menstruating but perceives it to be a bite of some sort.
Just been looking at the new A-level specimen/spec and it looks SO MUCH HARDER!!! You guys get extracts for certain bits? Do you need to know 4 texts for the year 13 exams? :redface:
Original post by itsConnor_
Just been looking at the new A-level specimen/spec and it looks SO MUCH HARDER!!! You guys get extracts for certain bits? Do you need to know 4 texts for the year 13 exams? :redface:

Well I found it hard haha this morning (sort of) and are you studying this course? We learn four yes, but two of them are continued from year 12 so it is six I imagine? I have no idea at all to be honest.
Original post by Rhythmical
Well I found it hard haha this morning (sort of) and are you studying this course? We learn four yes, but two of them are continued from year 12 so it is six I imagine? I have no idea at all to be honest.

I'm in the last year of the old spec (thank the lord)

6? Sweet jesus. We just have 'King Lear' and a comparative essay between 6 Blake poems and 'Tis Pity She's a Whore' in one 2-hour exam. And we had 40% coursework (this year was Gatsby, Death of a Salesman and Howl). Last year was simply Frankenstein and Emily Dickinson poetry.

Also do you get extracts for certain exams?
I'm in the last year of the old spec (thank the lord)

6? Sweet jesus. We just have 'King Lear' and a comparative essay between 6 Blake poems and 'Tis Pity She's a Whore' in one 2-hour exam. And we had 40% coursework (this year was Gatsby, Death of a Salesman and Howl). Last year was simply Frankenstein and Emily Dickinson poetry.

Also do you get extracts for certain exams?

Ah right, makes sense! :smile:That sounds a lot easier and we get extracts for one exam which involves a comparative essay and the other being of poetry, the rest we have to memorise. Do you guys get extracts?
Ah right, makes sense! :smile:That sounds a lot easier and we get extracts for one exam which involves a comparative essay and the other being of poetry, the rest we have to memorise. Do you guys get extracts?

We get no extracts. e.g. http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/242083-question-paper-unit-f663-01-drama-and-poetry-pre-1800-closed-text.pdf

One Lear question and one tis pity/blake question.

I would hate extracts...at GCSE I even got a U in the unseen poetry/dr jekyll paper which had extracts (C overall grade), although got 200/200 UMS last year at AS!

You have another exam this year after today's? :smile:
We get no extracts. e.g. http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/242083-question-paper-unit-f663-01-drama-and-poetry-pre-1800-closed-text.pdf

One Lear question and one tis pity/blake question.

I would hate extracts...at GCSE I even got a U in the unseen poetry/dr jekyll paper which had extracts (C overall grade), although got 200/200 UMS last year at AS!

You have another exam this year after today's? :smile:

Ah right, and 200/200 is amazing, well done! Did you get a C at GCSE? We needed a B plus to do English at A Level and yes I have about three more A Level exams so far. :frown:
hi, sorry to butt in but... there were just two questions to do, right? one from each section? section a and b? :s-smilie: completely paranoid now
Ah right, and 200/200 is amazing, well done! Did you get a C at GCSE? We needed a B plus to do English at A Level and yes I have about three more A Level exams so far. :frown:

Thanks, yes I got a C in GCSE overall. I was initially going to do psychology instead of English after my results, but my English teacher said he'd like me to do the A-level when I was asking for a remark for my U exam (I was predicted A* initially...eek)! The requirement is the same at my school (B+) but my English teacher was the Head of English and let me on the course.

Oh and I meant for English - another English exam? :biggrin: We only had one each year :smile:
Thanks, yes I got a C in GCSE overall. I was initially going to do psychology instead of English after my results, but my English teacher said he'd like me to do the A-level when I was asking for a remark for my U exam (I was predicted A* initially...eek)! The requirement is the same at my school (B+) but my English teacher was the Head of English and let me on the course.

Oh and I meant for English - another English exam? :biggrin: We only had one each year :smile:

Ah right and one more thank god lol. And aww lucky, my friend was in the same position but he was in no way prepared for the work and left before the first mock in December lol! :biggrin:
Ah right and one more thank god lol. And aww lucky, my friend was in the same position but he was in no way prepared for the work and left before the first mock in December lol! :biggrin:

oh, good luck :smile: is that the one with the weird AO4 context extract? Hope it goes ok.

Lol, we had two drop out before the exam last year, but the new spec looks craaazy
oh, good luck :smile: is that the one with the weird AO4 context extract? Hope it goes ok.

Lol, we had two drop out before the exam last year, but the new spec looks craaazy

Aw thank you, yeah it's all crazy/weird to be honest haha, it's so odd I hate it. I will struggle on some parts.
Hey guys! Has anyone got predictions for Streetcar or 1984? x
Original post by Mariax11
Hey guys! Has anyone got predictions for Streetcar or 1984? x

Probably a Blanche or Stanley question for the first year
Probably a Blanche or Stanley question for the first year

Nice to see this thread is being utilised still. Anyone revised for Thursday yet? I haven't as I have another exam on Monday so it's been difficult.
Nice to see this thread is being utilised still. Anyone revised for Thursday yet? I haven't as I have another exam on Monday so it's been difficult.

Yeah same I have an exam on Monday and another exam alongside English on Thursday, so that's unfortunate
Yeah same I have an exam on Monday and another exam alongside English on Thursday, so that's unfortunate

Same here! I have a clash with Lit on Thursday but I'll do Lit first.
Please can someone help me with The Werewolf story by Angelina Carter as I dont really know what the message is or what theme I would use it for ? thank you !
Original post by Natashja
Please can someone help me with The Werewolf story by Angelina Carter as I dont really know what the message is or what theme I would use it for ? thank you !

*Angela just so you don't get confused haha. :laugh:

http://www.gradesaver.com/the-bloody-chamber/study-guide/summary-the-werewolf

Check this site out. :smile:
*Angela just so you don't get confused haha. :laugh:

http://www.gradesaver.com/the-bloody-chamber/study-guide/summary-the-werewolf

Check this site out. :smile:

Thank you !! ahha yeah I keep spelling her name wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending