The Student Room Group

Is my coming out plan too harsh?

I'm 17, finishing my A2 exams soon. My school is doing an American style prom, with a homecoming king and queen. My girlfriend and I are the homecoming couple.

Last summer, I realised I was gay after doing stuff with a friend, and I've been cheating on my girlfriend ever since, with guys. I currently have a secret boyfriend (in my year at school), who I've been dating and having sex with since September. We both pretend we're straight around our friends and he has a girlfriend as well.

Edit: I've been having sex with her as well all this time, and my boyfriend has been doing the same with his girlfriend.

After the prom is finished, my boyfriend and I are going traveling for the summer. Our coming out plan (concocted while we drunk, but it still seems funny), is when I'm giving the king's speech, I invite him up to the stage, and make out with him (potentially other stuff as well), tell everyone we're gay and then leave the prom by taxi, never seeing any of them again. We think it would be a laugh, but of course a part of us thinks it's really harsh! What do you think?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You're a classic ****.

Do it, and please record it.

I'm dying with laughter, never knew the TSR forum was this funny.
Reply 2
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
You're a classic ****.

If you think it would be funny, I could record it yeah! You don't think it's too harsh then?
Reply 3
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
You're a classic ****.

Funny?
Why do you guys have girlfriends??? Not nice to lead them on like that
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Why do you guys have girlfriends??? Not nice to lead them on like that

We had girlfriends before we started dating, so just kept going out with them while we were secretly dating, our girlfriends just think my boyfriend and I are friends. We carried out going out with them to keep up appearances; it was easier for many obvious reasons.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Icefield
If you think it would be funny, I could record it yeah! You don't think it's too harsh then?

It's very harsh, more than that, it's cruel.

But it does not concern me, i just want a little chuckle out of it.

I would advise you not to do it, but if you're going to do it, send me a video.
That's twisted. Your "girlfriend" will be distraught. Please at least break it off with her (nicely) first.
please do record it and tag us all, and no its not that harsh. kinda passionate...
agree with above, break up with your gf first
Two gay guys with girlfriends against the world.

Making it a sitcom.
no. Don't do that. Just say that you're gay
Sounds like a pretty cool plan to me!! As long as you're not going to see your girlfriends again, I expect they will be a bit upset that you didn't trust them enough to tell the truth in the first place. Maybe let them know or at least a hint beforehand, so it's not as much of a shock?
Reply 12
Original post by Platopus
That's twisted. Your "girlfriend" will be distraught. Please at least break it off with her (nicely) first.

I'm never gonna see her again anyway after this; why do I need to break it off nicely? That will ruin the run-up to being the homecoming queen, which she is excited about, and she's currently doing her A2 exams as well, so breaking it off would throw off her performance most probably. I'm literally gonna get in the taxi right after and get on a plane the next day with my boyfriend.
(edited 7 years ago)
DO IT!!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I'm never gonna see her again anyway after this; why do I need to break it off nicely? That will ruin the run-up to being the homecoming queen, which she is excited about, and she's currently doing her A2 exams as well, so breaking it off would throw off her performance most probably. I'm literally gonna get in the taxi right after and get on a plane the next day with my boyfriend.

Common decency? Because you respect her as a person?
Reply 15
Original post by Platopus
Common decency? Because you respect her as a person?

I don't really respect her a person now for varied reasons, and since she's doing her A2 exams I don't want to ruin her performance by breaking up with her; is that not more decent? I can see your point, but in the long-term, getting the grades she needs seems more important.
No
That's just harsh
Break it off with your girlfriend first.
I don't really respect her a person now for varied reasons, and since she's doing her A2 exams I don't want to ruin her performance by breaking up with her; is that not more decent? I can see your point, but in the long-term, getting the grades she needs seems more important.

Two wrongs don't make a right. That's all I will say.
Reply 18
Personally I think it's a pretty dick move. You're already cheating on her, why would you want to embarrass your girlfriend by coming out as gay on stage in front of everyone? She has the right to know before you go public. You'll end up leaving her distraught - she may not get over it for a while. Especially if you've been going out a while. I think you should tell her first. But whatever, do what you want.
As a human you're cruel, and honestly barbaric.
But as a Jester, you surprass nearly every gag joke on the net.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending