The Student Room Group

AQA Geography (Physical) 24th May 2016

The topics I am doing for the exam are; Water on land, Restless Earth and Coasts. Any predictions and revision techniques?
Original post by vik_k1
The topics I am doing for the exam are; Water on land, Restless Earth and Coasts. Any predictions and revision techniques?

Hey I'm doing the same units! Are you prepared for the exam? I haven't revised at all and I'm slightly worried but at the end of the day it's geography and I hate it - can't wait to never have to learn about a river ever again!
Reply 2
Original post by NiamhM1801
Hey I'm doing the same units! Are you prepared for the exam? I haven't revised at all and I'm slightly worried but at the end of the day it's geography and I hate it - can't wait to never have to learn about a river ever again!

I know how you feel, I've got 6 exams next week so I haven't done as much revision as I would have liked to have done. I'm not choosing it for A level but I still want to try my best and get a good grade. I'm not sure what questions will come up, especially for restless earth. Earthquakes, Tsunamis and fold mountains will be fine. I need to revise volcanoes more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik_k1
I know how you feel, I've got 6 exams next week so I haven't done as much revision as I would have liked to have done. I'm not choosing it for A level but I still want to try my best and get a good grade. I'm not sure what questions will come up, especially for restless earth. Earthquakes, Tsunamis and fold mountains will be fine. I need to revise volcanoes more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm still aiming for an A* but I just have no motivation to revise for it as its so dull! As for 8 marker predictions I haven't actually seen many of the recent papers but I'm hoping that for restless earth it's comparing an earthquake in a rich vs poor country, for rivers something on hard and soft engineering and for coasts I'm not sure as I've forgotten 90% of what's even in the unit.

Which units are you doing for human, out of interest?
Reply 4
Yeah I'm still aiming for an A* but I just have no motivation to revise for it as its so dull! As for 8 marker predictions I haven't actually seen many of the recent papers but I'm hoping that for restless earth it's comparing an earthquake in a rich vs poor country, for rivers something on hard and soft engineering and for coasts I'm not sure as I've forgotten 90% of what's even in the unit.

Which units are you doing for human, out of interest?

I'm doing Population, Tourism and Urbanisation for human geography.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik_k1
I'm doing Population, Tourism and Urbanisation for human geography.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is urbanisation the same as changing urban environments? Cause if so we're dong the same again :tongue:
Im doing the exact same, but my school are doing revision for 3 hours before the exam it is optional so I'm going to go! I'm dreading it
Reply 7
Is urbanisation the same as changing urban environments? Cause if so we're dong the same again :tongue:

Yes, it's changing urban environments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am doing Water on the Land, Restless Earth and Coast, we only finished our cast course on Friday:frown: I feel so unprepared!! Revision techniques?? erm well I just do past papers:smile:)
Reply 9
If anyone still needs some resources, I've just stumbled across these videos and they're pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx2QRYY9w_3aEC4hO8_nwNQ/videos
(There's videos for Restless Earth, Water On The Land, Globalisation and Population)
Ah rivers was the first topic that we did so I'm like a semi-pro at it haha :tongue:
I'm also worried about restless earth as I just have no idea what they can actually ask? All I can think of is comparing earthquake damage so I'm secretly hoping that that comes up as the 8 marker...
Haha! Can you imagine? I'm also from Yorkshire :tongue: whereabouts are you from?
Ah..guess I'll have to cram that then - not a lover of tsunamis at all
And I'm from West Yorkshire - I'm a Leeds girl :tongue:
Reply 12
From what my teachers have been telling me, something to do with salt marshes is almost definitely going to come up. The responses to a flood is also likely to come up for water on the land. For the restless earth I would guess that something to do with an earthquake (volcanoes were covered in last years paper) or a tsunami is going to come up
Geography's tomorrow for me - been focusing on English today but similarly I haven't done much at all either...
Hopefully I can get my act together for geography as I know next to nothing

Quick Reply

Latest