The Student Room Group

LGBTQ+ Forum

Scroll to see replies

I'm 17 and a lesbian! This is a great idea, I barely ever see threads for LGBT people on here. Thanks for starting this thread!:h:
I'm 17 and panro ace :smile: thanks for starting the thread, this is actually a cute idea!
Original post by Anonymous
If a straight person made a thread like this, they'd be branded as homophobic.

There's always one who needs to cry heterosexual :dry: Cause god forbid, they're not included in everything :gasp:
I'm 17, male and gay (bit bicurious about girls though, can't really see myself in a relationship with them). Tried to kid myself that I was bi for years with the tiny bit of attraction I have for girls. Then finally a guy I made friends with inadvertently made me feel ok to be gay.
Just to be different: transguy, 17, bisexual with a leaning towards men ~

Thanks for the thread

(Also, straight/cis etc. commenters, heterophobia and cisphobia do not exist. Chill.)
Original post by Sycamores
There's always one who needs to cry heterosexual :dry: Cause god forbid, they're not included in everything :gasp:

Exactly.
Can I still be in the thread if I'm straight?

If you're gender non conforming I guess?
Also is thread policing even a thing?
But the real question is, why do you want to be?

Sure.

Ignore anyone who questions you on this if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you guys have any tips on how to respond to people who make homophobic comments? Some people (mainly those who dont know im bi) have said things and I never really know what to say lol

Also Id just like to point out that if anyone is reading this and doesnt want to post here for any reason, you can always send me a PM if you want advice or need to chat to someone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
16 and I identify myself as Bisexual. Not going to say which subjects I study as I will anon fail lol but I'm currently studying at AS :biggrin:
Original post by Pirate123
Do you guys have any tips on how to respond to people who make homophobic comments? Some people (mainly those who dont know im bi) have said things and I never really know what to say lol

Also Id just like to point out that if anyone is reading this and doesnt want to post here for any reason, you can always send me a PM if you want advice or need to chat to someone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What comments do they make? There isn't a standard answer; it really depends on the crappy points they were saying.

I believe you have to [try] fight this with logic mainly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have the same problem with this one girl in my group of friends!!! I'm bi and I'm out to most of the group except here and the people closest to her 😭 it's so annoying coz like I can't be myself around her coz I'm always worried I'm gonna say something
What's happened is before I knew I was bi I was already a hella ranty feminist and ally so I can defend myself but not out myself (all my friends who know have actually become way way more allyish and stuck up for me and the lgbt+ community more)
I find the ice cream analogy very useful when responding to biphobia particularly

Posted from TSR Mobile
aa
^Accidental typing, sorry
Original post by acciokeyboard
If you're gender non conforming I guess?
Also is thread policing even a thing?
But the real question is, why do you want to be?

No, i am a straight cis male.
I just thought I could offer advice or help.
No, i am a straight cis male.
I just thought I could offer advice or help.

If you've got knowledge or experience that would be helpful, then by all means, post away! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh I hate it when people make homophobic comments, even if they don't really mean it. One time one of my friends said she'd be uncomfortable being friends with a lesbian :colonhash:

It depends on what kind of thing they say to you. Maybe you could just tell them what's wrong with their opinion? For example, if they said you can choose your sexuality then you could tell them that there is evidence of it being genetic. Or you could go with the classic "So when did you choose to be straight?" :lol:

Otherwise I'm not really sure what you could say because I never know what to say to them either!
Original post by Christie_xx
Ohh I hate it when people make homophobic comments, even if they don't really mean it. One time one of my friends said she'd be uncomfortable being friends with a lesbian :colonhash:

It depends on what kind of thing they say to you. Maybe you could just tell them what's wrong with their opinion? For example, if they said you can choose your sexuality then you could tell them that there is evidence of it being genetic. Or you could go with the classic "So when did you choose to be straight?" :lol:

Otherwise I'm not really sure what you could say because I never know what to say to them either!

This is why the ice cream analogy is great:
So the gender of people you are attracted to is like the flavour of ice cream. You can like chocolate or vanilla or strawberry or whatever. You can like only one or more than one. You're allowed not to like ice cream and your allowed to be lactose intolerant. You can't control what flavour of ice cream you like (you're pretty much born liking strawberry) but there's no strawberry ice cream gene! Also the flavour of ice cream you like can change as you get older.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophiegraceb
This is why the ice cream analogy is great:
So the gender of people you are attracted to is like the flavour of ice cream. You can like chocolate or vanilla or strawberry or whatever. You can like only one or more than one. You're allowed not to like ice cream and your allowed to be lactose intolerant. You can't control what flavour of ice cream you like (you're pretty much born liking strawberry) but there's no strawberry ice cream gene! Also the flavour of ice cream you like can change as you get older.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg that's so accurate!! I'm gonna use this from now on 😂👌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending