The Student Room Group

Economics AS AQA exam tomorrow 16/05/2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by youreanutter
where does it say in specimen mark scheme u must indicate the market....

look at the ten marker section of the markscheme.
I drew all my graphs in pencil, including my essay diagrams. Someone pls let me know if that is ok?!
how did you find it?
Original post by tamcat
I drew all my graphs in pencil, including my essay diagrams. Someone pls let me know if that is ok?!

yolo it'll be fine
Haha I know right, can't be bothered to think about it anymore
Original post by Kaasi
look at the ten marker section of the markscheme.

where as i looked and did not see that

also as opposedto regulation could you write about the free market?
Reply 366
where as i looked and did not see that

also as opposedto regulation could you write about the free market?

In order to move into the higher bands, you had to talk about the free market.
so well done if you did.
Original post by Kaasi
In order to move into the higher bands, you had to talk about the free market.
so well done if you did.

are you sure as i was told u werent meant to as it wanted us to talk about government policies
Reply 368
are you sure as i was told u werent meant to as it wanted us to talk about government policies

Research it. I'm surprised your teacher hasn't told you to do so. Of course, you have to talk about policies. But the question was about regulation. Tax was a point of discussion, but not vital. If you mention the free market and regulation, you can then move on to talking about other policies.
Do anyone know the answers ?
I did regulation then tax then free market then conclusion.

Not to give anyone false hope but aqa tend to be generous in with marks in essay. I've read some pretty **** essays, with no diagrams, which aqa have awarded around 18 marks
Btw having to write about free market in order to get high marks is bs
hi guys,i need some comments. I did context 2,and about the 25marks essay,i did evaluate. However,i didn't mention the reason for tobacco to be price inelastic when i just said it is inelastic. Meanwhile,i didn't mention the inequity issue when evaluating taxation. I also didn't say employment is derived demand,although i did say regulation might cause unemployment. Anyone who can make comments on my essay?will it be possible to get above 22?

Posted from TSR Mobile
where does it say in specimen mark scheme u must indicate the market....

you don't have to its just advised to lol
Original post by Reaver Daniels
See I did reference the free market in my conclusion as a further point, so if you're right then I'm set, but I really don't think it makes any difference. You may get like an extra 1 or 2 marks, but that by no means will distinguish you between band 4 and band 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I feel I have confused you! I meant you don't have to specify the market on the graph axis eg 'quantity of cigarettes' but it's adviced to, I'm not 100% sure about commenting on the free market but it's probably best to have written something about it !:smile:
help please! how do interest rates affect AS:
MCQ: a large increase in interest rates will cause...
Answer: a leftward shift in both AD and AS

I understand AD, but not too sure on AS
Original post by tamcat
help please! how do interest rates affect AS:
MCQ: a large increase in interest rates will cause...
Answer: a leftward shift in both AD and AS

I understand AD, but not too sure on AS

AD because low interest rates discourages savers & thus encourages consumption. High interest rates encourage saving & thus reduced consumption which shifts AD to left.

AS because low interest rates encourages firms to borrow more as there's the incentive - cheaper credit. Firms therefore take advantage of the low interest rates, investing more.... Therefore shifts AS to the right.
Thanks for the reply

AS is not affected by investment. The explanation you have given only accounts for AD, firms investing more is a component of AD.
Also the shift in AS is leftward, not rightward
Original post by tamcat
Thanks for the reply

AS is not affected by investment. The explanation you have given only accounts for AD, firms investing more is a component of AD.
Also the shift in AS is leftward, not rightward

It's the idea that a low interest rate often leads to the value of the currency falling. Weak pound makes imports more expensive. Imports are often used in the production of other goods. Therefore increased import costs is increased costs of production so firms will produce less. AS will shift to the left.
Reply 379
For the calculation question, is it it true that you can get all 4 marks if you just get the calculation correct including the correct units and without any working out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending