The Student Room Group

If money isn't the most important thing, then what is?

Interested to know your views. If you think something is more important, please explain how this can be achieved without money and whether or not money helps to achieve it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In relation to what? Life goals, relationships, career choice, something else?
Reply 2
Original post by HFBS
In relation to what? Life goals, relationships, career choice, something else?

All of that, anything which you think is important in life
Reply 3
Original post by xylas
Interested to know your views. If you think something is more important, please explain how this can be achieved without money and whether or not money helps to achieve it.

Women of course
:colone:
Reply 4
Original post by xylas
All of that, anything which you think is important in life

Than my answer is happiness, contentment, fulfilment, and I don't believe money can give you those as they are internal.
Reply 5
Original post by M14B
Women of course
:colone:

please explain how this can be achieved without money and whether or not money helps to achieve it.

:P
I sometimes think that money is the most important thing. Without money, I wouldn't have a lot of the stuff I have now, necessities like a roof over my head. I feel like if you have no money, people won't respect you. I don't agree with this but it's kind of true.
Reply 7
Original post by HFBS
Than my answer is happiness, contentment, fulfilment, and I don't believe money can give you those as they are internal.

Then why need money? Only for the bare necessities of survival?
Reply 8
Original post by xylas
please explain how this can be achieved without money and whether or not money helps to achieve it.

:P

Money helps to pull
Reply 9
Original post by xylas
Then why need money? Only for the bare necessities of survival?

Yeah. If you want to live in normal society you do need money, and don't get me wrong having no money is soul-destroying. However, I think greed is the source of a lot of unhappiness and bad deeds, and I really can't understand it. I think once you have enough money to be able to be warm, dry and fed, more money will not make you happier. Beyond the basics of living, money does not provide happiness, only choice.
Reply 10
Original post by HFBS
Yeah. If you want to live in normal society you do need money

Is there anything you need more than money in this society?
Happiness, knowledge, justice, love, etc. Lots of things.
Reply 12
Oxygen.
The most important thing is time. It's limited - you can't buy more but you can make good use of it.
Original post by The_JoKeR
The most important thing is time. It's limited - you can't buy more but you can make good use of it.

... and you can make better use of it with money :wink:
Reply 15
Family
Reply 16
Original post by donutellme
Happiness, knowledge, justice, love, etc. Lots of things.

Why are these more important? Please explain how they can be achieved without money and whether or not money helps to achieve them.

(money definitely is required for justice for example hence why we pay taxes)

Original post by offhegoes
Oxygen.

Yes so is water haha. Assuming everyone has these, what is more important than money?

Original post by The_JoKeR

But you can increase free time, usually if you have money.

Original post by joecphillips
Family

Which is better: having no money but having family, or having no family but having money?

Answer honestly and give a reason why
(edited 7 years ago)
Piiiiizzzzzzaaaa :pizza::love:
You don't HAVE to pay to get them zaas :love:
Original post by Harrykel
... and you can make better use of it with money :wink:

But without time money would be worthless. :wink:
Original post by xylas
Why are these more important? Please explain how they can be achieved without money and whether or not money helps to achieve them.
(money definitely is required for justice for example hence why we pay taxes)

Money is spent on ensuring justice, gaining knowledge, achieving happiness, attaining love, etc. Money itself is just a means, which although important, is still lesser than the goals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending