The Student Room Group

WJEC By2 Biology revision tips

Hi, I'm currently revising for my AS biology exam and I'm in middle of revising Unit 2.1-Evolution. There is a lot to learn so could someone give me some useful revision tips and exam technique.

Also, does anyone have the Illuminate Publishing BIology AS revision book and if so, are the exam questions in the book helpful for revising?
Original post by XenoDoublade23
Hi, I'm currently revising for my AS biology exam and I'm in middle of revising Unit 2.1-Evolution. There is a lot to learn so could someone give me some useful revision tips and exam technique.

Also, does anyone have the Illuminate Publishing BIology AS revision book and if so, are the exam questions in the book helpful for revising?

the questions are a bit rubbish tbh nothing like the specimen paper style ones
I hate unit 2 with a passion especially the biodiversity
How's revision for unit 1 going ?
Original post by Exotic-L
I hate unit 2 with a passion especially the biodiversity
How's revision for unit 1 going ?

Unit 1 revision is going really well. I'm currently just doing as many past paper and specimen paper questions from WJEC and eduqas as i can. Also, i'm just trying hard to memorise meiosis. But, i'm dreading the essay question
Unit 1 revision is going really well. I'm currently just doing as many past paper and specimen paper questions from WJEC and eduqas as i can. Also, i'm just trying hard to memorise meiosis. But, i'm dreading the essay question

ive only done two pastpapers so far I think they were really old ones, I tries the summer 2012 one yesterday and it didn't go as well as planned :/.
I meiosis isn't too bad but it is definitely confusing. ive done the same- just memorised it. I just hope I wont blank out during the exam if a question comes up.
is eduqas specimen paper different to the WJEC? I thought they were the same board.
Essay questions are the worst, I just hope the questions will be on the first few biochemistry topic since they're quite straight forward.

I'm dreading prac questions the most!! I dont even understand how to calibrate a microscope!
Original post by Exotic-L
ive only done two pastpapers so far I think they were really old ones, I tries the summer 2012 one yesterday and it didn't go as well as planned :/.
I meiosis isn't too bad but it is definitely confusing. ive done the same- just memorised it. I just hope I wont blank out during the exam if a question comes up.
is eduqas specimen paper different to the WJEC? I thought they were the same board.
Essay questions are the worst, I just hope the questions will be on the first few biochemistry topic since they're quite straight forward.

I'm dreading prac questions the most!! I dont even understand how to calibrate a microscope!

Eduqas and WJEC have different specimen papers and the eduqas one is the easiest paper. I really hope they don't ask us about an experiment for the essay but it'll probobly be on biochemistry or transcription/translation.
Eduqas and WJEC have different specimen papers and the eduqas one is the easiest paper. I really hope they don't ask us about an experiment for the essay but it'll probobly be on biochemistry or transcription/translation.

really? i didnt know they did different papers.
yh, judging from past paper questions, the essays are likely to be on bio chem, enzymes or DNA structure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending