The Student Room Group

WJEC C1 - May 18th 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naomi173
Thank you!! Looking at this I only lost marks on the 1c! I hated that question

1c was weird as hell haha. Wasn't worth too many marks I don't think, so if that was your only error then you're def in for a high A 😊
Reply 101
same! I had 200 for the last question
Reply 102
Really hoping that c2 is nice😅😅
Can someone post the paper when they get it please?? thank you!!
Original post by desertlover
Yep a few of my friends said that they'd seen it prior aswell, was dodgy one. I hope it wasn't worth too many marks...

I wonder how difficult the C2 paper will be.

Is anyone sitting WJEC M1 in June, I know its a while away.

Yeah I'm sitting M1. I'm fairly prepared for that anyway so not too worried about it
does anyone have the markscheme for the c1 wjec paper ??
does anyone know where we can get a copy of the paper? i want to have a look at the questions ps i found the paper really hard even tho i usually love c1 :frown:
Original post by sallyanne123
Here's a (very) unofficial mark scheme since there hasn't been one published yet. Mostly just the answers but some method in there as well :wink:

thank you for that! do you by any chance have the questions or anything?
Original post by PedanticStudent
Do you have a copy of the paper? If not I will be able to obtain one by tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi have you obtained the paper?
Original post by tinadehban
thank you for that! do you by any chance have the questions or anything?

No sorry not yet
Do you remember what you got for M in question 1?

I feel like I've got 70+

I got 65 - root 13 for the surd, wbu?

Got something similar to that.
I felt like the 2016 paper was harder than the 2015 paper. I did all the papers since 2006, and I found them okay. Found 2016's paper hard, especially the last 2 parts on the coordinate geometry question. Usually I fly through coordinate geometry, but this paper was tough. Optimisation was great though!(;
Original post by ovo_zverit
I felt like the 2016 paper was harder than the 2015 paper. I did all the papers since 2006, and I found them okay. Found 2016's paper hard, especially the last 2 parts on the coordinate geometry question. Usually I fly through coordinate geometry, but this paper was tough. Optimisation was great though!(;

Really? The co-ordinate geometry was a bit odd with some bits, but speaking as a resitter, this paper was a lot easier than last years paper for me. I struggled so much with the paper last year compared with this year. (Got a D last year)

Mind you, that could be because I revised a lot more for C1 this year than last year, and with C3 and C4, my maths skills have benefitted a lot.
Ok, I've decided to just post it here instead, but I'll likely be removing it in a couple of weeks as the schools will be using them as mocks for next year. (see pdf attached)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jack1066
Really? The co-ordinate geometry was a bit odd with some bits, but speaking as a resitter, this paper was a lot easier than last years paper for me. I struggled so much with the paper last year compared with this year. (Got a D last year)

Mind you, that could be because I revised a lot more for C1 this year than last year, and with C3 and C4, my maths skills have benefitted a lot.

This was my first shot at C1, so probably natural that I found it a bit tough. I felt like all the past papers were slightly easier, but that's probably because I wasn't doing them under pressure.

Yeah, you've probably grown in confidence now, so the paper may have been easier to deal with. Hope you get the grade you want though!(;
Ok, I've decided to just post it here instead, but I'll likely be removing it in a couple of weeks as the schools will be using them as mocks for next year. (see pdf attached)

Wow, how did you manage to get your hands on this?
Original post by FusionNetworks
Wow, how did you manage to get your hands on this?

We were allowed to take a copy if we wanted one on the day after the exam.
can someone post a worked solution to question 6 please its really bugging me that i cant work it out
Here you go...

QC1.png
Here you go...

QC1.png

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending