The Student Room Group

Are you prepared for English lit on Monday?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luciie
I've not even finished making notes yet so I'm probably screwed :colonhash: What about you guys?

yeah, i'm at peace with English

English exams are a children's tea party compared to the giants like Computing and Science, :^(

Original post by negzi
nope, haven't done nothing :/

a double negative

glad to see you're working so hard :^]
Just look what questions haven't come up for a while and plan some answers for those. Also learn really sophisticated vocab to describe key characters and analyse maybe 10 key quotes if you've left it last minute. IF you remember these basics you should be fine. I'm revising for the same exam right now so we're all in this together haha
Reply 62
Original post by mxskaan
do you have any predictions for TKAM?

My literature teache thinks ms Maudie or aunt Alexandra might come up
Reply 63
I have done all my notes for OMAM and DNA and now im doing past paper questions. i don't feel prepared at all though..
Reply 64
Has anyone been told what the question is likely to relate to on Lord of the Flies (AQA)? Absolutely petrified, my coursework was full marks so if I get a high A in the literature exams that should be an A* overall right?
Original post by BW999
Has anyone been told what the question is likely to relate to on Lord of the Flies (AQA)? Absolutely petrified, my coursework was full marks so if I get a high A in the literature exams that should be an A* overall right?

What are you doing ? OMAM ? Sunlight on the grass ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
What are you doing ? OMAM ? Sunlight on the grass ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

wtf is OMAM?
Reply 67
anyone doing CIE?
I can write B-A analysis for the most part. I just need to remember quotes and I really need to practise my essay-writing speed; I can be as fast as a hedgehog one moment, snail pace the next!
No. I'm contemplating on pulling an Eva Smith tbh:colonhash:

Spoiler

I'm doing Edexcel for English and I'm bricking it :s-smilie:
However for Literature (prose) I'm going to:
-Make notes on characters throughout both novels (I study Animal Farm and Of Mice and Men) including which chapters/sections they appear in and important scenarios etc.
-Do the same as above with themes
-For OMAM I'm actually going to make essay structures as there's only a limit on what they can ask you - sort of like preparing for an essay beforehand except obviously I won't write them out in full as most of them won't be asked about and I can't memorise a load of essays either.
-Do some practice questions on both novels, but particularly animal farm as I need to work on responses to part (b) and part (c)

For Literature (poetry) I'm going to:
-Finish annotating all poems in my anthology (anyone else doing clashes and collisions?) and making sure I know every poem thoroughly
-Making links between different poems in order to see which ones are suitable for comparing on different themes
-Do a few practice questions
-For unseen only God can save me and I'm not even religious

For Language I'm going to:
-Wing the writing task as its not hard to get a decent score.
-Do the same things for Of Mice and Men as I did for Animal Farm.
-Do some practice questions
Original post by NiamhM1801

For Literature (poetry) I'm going to:
-Finish annotating all poems in my anthology (anyone else doing clashes and collisions?) and making sure I know every poem thoroughly
-Making links between different poems in order to see which ones are suitable for comparing on different themes
-Do a few practice questions
-For unseen only God can save me and I'm not even religious

Check through the anthology to see if there is a running theme throughout all of the poems because one of the questions in the exam will give you two poems OR it will give you one poem and you can make a choice of your own as to what poem you are going to compare it to.

Did you know we get a copy of all of the poems in the exam? I had no idea.
It's funny that you mention God for the unseens.
Religion, hope and fate all seem to be underlying themes of some past unseen texts.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by M14B
wtf is OMAM?

of Mice and Men
Reply 73
Is it worth revising (in detail) stuff about questions that have come up since 2012? Or are u just gonna revise for questions that haven't come up yet?
Original post by rasp123
Is it worth revising (in detail) stuff about questions that have come up since 2012? Or are u just gonna revise for questions that haven't come up yet?

Revising past questions in detail and maybe answering them will make you come up with perceptions of other characters and how they are symbolised throughout the text. It's probably helpful.
Is anyone doing Under Milk Wood?
Nope... our school messed it up
If anyone wants help with To Kill a Mockingbird or Lord of the Flies, please let me know. I'm on AQA.
Original post by BW999

They've never asked on Roger. It's been a while since they've mentioned the island, Simon or the conch.
I've used Mr Bruff, practice papers and I'm mid way through re reading them now! Make sure that if they ask you about equality or gender etc you know what quotes you would use

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending