The Student Room Group

RAMADAN 2016 Any muslims planning on secretly not fasting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanteTheDoorWot
You don't eat toothpaste? What kind of weirdo are u

exactly, if you look at the quote you will see the person said your breath constantly smells and i told him, you can stull brush your teeth?
Original post by Rhythmical
She has eyes man.

Don't eat in front of your mother...? she won't see you then....
Original post by Anonymous

Trust me she will know, Pakistani women are sneaky.
Original post by EllainKahlo
I'm assuming you have already decided you can't tell your parents. Are they so bad that they won't respect your wishes? That way you can just be upfront that you're not practicing and therefore aren't doing it.

Yes my mum is so bad she won't respect my wishes esp. when it comes to faith.

Wow I knew you guys were sneaky but this is a new level
Because my mum is bloody strict YO ! so i don't want to tell her plus I'm so afraid of what on earth she would do and how she would react i just know it wouldn't be very pleasant ...

Oh sorry to hear that! I don't think my parents are strict or forceful anymore, I think they understand a little more

why dont you try fasting anyways? It doesn't have to be for religious reasons. I think the idea of fasting have some great benefits- like being thankful for food and water, putting yourself in the shoes of unfortunate people etc
Original post by Rhythmical
Trust me she will know, Pakistani women are sneaky.

My mother is Pakistani and her sneaky-ness level is pretty high if you ask me but she never caught me last year so... it is possible just eat in your room
Original post by Cobalt_
Snacks and these like that.
You cant really be making three course meals during Ramadan but just get some chocolate/crackers/crisps etc. Stored food which is easy to eat.

Check out the ex muslim thread, lots of us will be doing it this year :h:

Yeah i know can't be cooking up them 3 course meals in your bedroom LOL! Will check out the thread thanks !
Heres the way I see it, when I die, "he" won't be like. "Well... you've been an amazing person, you've been kind, helpful, honest... and dont think I didn't notice back in 04 when you gave that homeless person your lunch. Nice touch. Definitely earned some karma points there. However, because of that one day during Ramadam, I dont know if you remember, it was May of 2016 you secretly didn't fast. You ate. Yeah, so because of that... you're going to hell. NEXT!"

if a guy was so charitable but murdered someone i doubt God will say "lad, step into heaven" and OP is planning on not fasting for the WHOLE of ramadhan last year and this year, so uhh, yeah kinda works that way
Yes my mum is so bad she won't respect my wishes esp. when it comes to faith.

Then I don't blame you for hiding it. If they don't respect your beliefs, they don't respect you. And I wouldn't feel bad about not fasting since it's not applicable to you. I knew many people at school who secretly ate during Ramadan because they weren't practicing, and they survived. So stay strong. There's no point fasting to please others.
My mother is Pakistani and her sneaky-ness level is pretty high if you ask me but she never caught me last year so... it is possible just eat in your room

It feels wrong though morally and she will see what I am doing, she tidies my room haha.
You can be born Muslim and still find Islam again Just try and reconnect with faith man i know you can do it
Original post by vezuxiii
Why don't you practice the religion? Maybe start with that and if you still don't think it's for you then telling her is the only thing to do because you can't sneak for years to come lol.

I just don't believe in it i guess... It's always been so forced upon us from a young age and i've always hated how i never got a say in what to do when we were young we got forced to attend mosque as a very young and tired child after a long day at school. I had to stay on at mosque for quite a long while until i was like in year 10/11 at secondary school even though i had finished reading the Quran once. And then we never really used to pray like anyone in our family but then my mum used to force to read WITH her all the time and it felt like i was trapped with HER making decisions for me ALL the friggin time it's just soooo not nice not being able to decide for yourself and it's kinda made me hate everything IDK how to explain it i can sneak for years to come if that's what it'll take i'm fine with it...
Well you don't have to as it's hypocrisy if you do it without faith in your religion.

Parents always tell you do do things related to ones religion, you'll have to either tell them or carry on aa they'd be upset, hurt if you said you're not doing it. Best to let them think you're doing it than rock the boat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not fasting tbh, they can try & guilt trip me all they want but I'm not falling for it. I've already made up my mind about religion.
Original post by dbrownbeast
you can still brush your teeth?

you can't brush your teeth....
I just don't believe in it i guess... It's always been so forced upon us from a young age and i've always hated how i never got a say in what to do when we were young we got forced to attend mosque as a very young and tired child after a long day at school. I had to stay on at mosque for quite a long while until i was like in year 10/11 at secondary school even though i had finished reading the Quran once. And then we never really used to pray like anyone in our family but then my mum used to force to read WITH her all the time and it felt like i was trapped with HER making decisions for me ALL the friggin time it's just soooo not nice not being able to decide for yourself and it's kinda made me hate everything IDK how to explain it i can sneak for years to come if that's what it'll take i'm fine with it...

Lol fair enough it's your life who is anyone to judge.
Ramadan is a month of hell and unnecessary torture for non-Muslims being raised by Muslim parents. Personally, I believe it's terrible that we're being made to do this, it's so frustrating when it interrupts my life, smh.

To be fair, maybe your mother has some culture rules instead of actual religious rules. Eg. iheard that this guys dad said that chewing gum and speaking in public is haram
I was born into a muslim family, wouldn't consider myself a practicing Muslim at all. Last Ramadan i didn't fast i secretly ate when no one was around and i'm planning to do the same this year too as Ramadan approaches in a few weeks time. What are your thoughts on this? Do any fellow 'muslims' do this too? I know it's bad but i really don't see the point in fasting if i don't even practice the religion...? If you're a non muslims what are your thoughts on my decision? Just curious :smile:

Well I'm an atheist so I think its a good thing. Ideally I would want people of all faiths to reject the religious oppression and become enlightened by the teachings of science and reason. So yeah, good for you, I commend you. Although I'm deeply disturbed you should have to do it secretly, I think its your choice and your choice alone. Nobody, not even other family members has the right to force religion onto other people. You shouldn't feel in anyway guilty or ashamed about not fasting. Its unhealthy anyway, from a biological perspective. Personally, I come from a Catholic/ Protestant family but my parents are both pretty relaxed about religion, never really been to Church although I used to go to a church group on Fridays after school when I was in primary school. I've never believed in god and probably never will. Although to be fair, sometimes I wish there was a god and a heaven because its much more comforting than the thought that when we die thats the end. We just get eaten by maggots then eventually millions of years from now our grave will fall into the sun then billions of years after that even the atoms the we are made of may no longer "exist" as energy across the universe transforms into a state of equilibrium. Although on the other hand, the universe is a beautiful and wonderful place, and I guess I sort of believe in reincarnation in that when we die, the atoms that make us become part of other organisms like bacteria or birds or worms etc and they get eaten by other organisms ect and eventually the atoms might become part of a human again. Anyway, I digress, yeah I think not fasting is absolutely fine, you shouldn't feel pressured into doing it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending