The Student Room Group

Accounting AQA Unit 2 - 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alhrona
yeah i got that for depreciation but i put it on the debit for provision will i get method marks or something?

If you caluclated the percentage of recivables correctly you will get marks for workings for sure.
Original post by Iscodisco
If you caluclated the percentage of recivables correctly you will get marks for workings for sure.

2.5% x 45000 = 1125 for doubtful debts for april 2016?
and i got the depreciation for april aswell which was 82500-21000 = 61500 x 30% = 18450
will i get marks?
Yeah i got the same figures as you for provision for doubtful debts and depreciation, and those calculations are bound to be at least two marks each so yes you will get marks for workings i am sure.
Has anyone put together an unofficial mark scheme?:smile:
Original post by Iscodisco
What did you guys put for the last question? I used up the entire space with three different points (best two will be used). I said soemhing about holding invenotry for a shorter period by using systems such as just in time stock control.

i included that point too
Original post by qazxsw123
I just guessed it

1. increase cost of sales as it increases the turnover, however it would only be beneficial is sales increase at a faster rate which increases gross profit.

2. Reduce prices as it increases sales (didnt elaborate)

Did i get it completely wrong?

Didnt the question say that the directors thought about this point but then ruled it out? Or am i remembering it wrong?
I got 166% as gear ratio..fck!

Thought it was

DEBT (debenture + preference shares)
EQUITY (retained earnings + ordinary shares)

multiplied by 100
Original post by Sstar123
Didnt the question say that the directors thought about this point but then ruled it out? Or am i remembering it wrong?

It said something along the lines of they thought about increasing the sales through advertisement.
It said something along the lines of they thought about increasing the sales through advertisement.

ohhhhhh yeah
Original post by alhrona
just looked on the June 2014 Accn2 paper and i can confirm balance b/d on the debit for provision for depreciation( its a very similar question)

Its on the credit, should be opposite of assets.
Original post by idfk_alex

Thought it was

multiplied by 100

Mate don't worry we got tlld tgere are 4 possible answers fof gearing so its probably correct
Original post by idfk_alex

Thought it was

multiplied by 100

There were no preference shares in that question so all you could've done was
Non Current Liabilities/Non Current Liabilities+total equity.
Total equity is the total figure you worked out for the statement in changes in equity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone put for the balance sheet current assets question?
You had to use the figures from the previous questions so if your figures were wrong you would still get the marks right?
Anyone have a mark scheme?
What did everyone put for the balance sheet current assets question?
You had to use the figures from the previous questions so if your figures were wrong you would still get the marks right?

I put non current assets , with the correct depreciation and trade recivables with
the provision and closing inv with the adjusment
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 135
Original post by 87Mack
isnt the balance brought down on the credit side for provision for doubtful debts?
. Yes , as this in effect reduction of asset tr rec , hence less , like prov for depr reduces non current asset
DEADCLICK
Original post by alhrona
I put non current assets , with the correct depreciation and trade recivables with
the provision and closing inv with the adjusment

Didn't it only ask for the current assets?
Original post by Nicole97
Didn't it only ask for the current assets?

Yeah thats what i remember too
yeah thats what i remember too

do you think we could say these two ways in last question :

1-lowering the selling price
2.improving the quality of the product
Original post by uysalbaris
do you think we could say these two ways in last question :

1-lowering the selling price
2.improving the quality of the product

Im not sure, i wrote to lower prices aswell. You might get marks for your second point if you explained it, like saying it would increase sales.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending