The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jelly1000
Going through a rough patch myself and I feel similar so I can 100% sympathise. Haven't worked out a way to counter it yet fully though so I can't help :frown:

No worries and I'm sorry you are going through a tough time :frown:
Original post by moment of truth
No worries and I'm sorry you are going through a tough time :frown:

Thanks, same to you too.
Original post by Sabertooth
That sounds weird....like I would think that forcing yourself to go out and meet friends seems like a much better idea than staying in and isolating yourself. That's the kind of thing that can easily get out of hand - staying in all the time.

As for your spoiler, that sounds odd too, I think that would piss me off too. Though I'm not sure how you resolve that, I imagine it would be awkward to tell her to stop whispering, but then again if it pisses you off, then maybe? :dontknow:

I take it that as you've just reached the top of the waiting list that you can't request someone different? Sometimes people just don't "click" with the person assigned to them.

It just struck me as a really odd thing to say, surely meeting my friends is a good thing, especially if I fee like isolating. It was only my first session so I'll see how my next one goes.

Yeah, she said there was actually therapists who were underbooked because there isn't a waiting list at all. That struck me as odd as well considering how underfunded mental health services in the NHS are.
It looks like I'm off to therapy again. Yay! =/
Reply 484
Original post by Anon #2
First CBT session yesterday was really odd. She asked if I have been isolating myself from friends and I said yes but I know it's important that I don't so I try to meet them as much as I can. Then she was saying that maybe I should not go out if I don't want to? As if I was only going to please other people. I tried to get across to her that if I stayed in all the time and just gave up every time I didn't feel like doing something I'd probably be much worse but she wasn't getting it :dontknow:

Suicide/SH

Spoiler

That is so so wierd.

I had a initial phone consultation recently and it was like she was putting words into my mouth about suicide and self harm. Then she done a questionaire which had questions about suicide/self harm and even after I said 'No' several times she asked me to repeat my answers several time grrr. Oh and there were all tge 'aawww's. So damn annoying. Are there different aspects to CBT? I was told i'd have CBT but they've now said its something called 'behavioural activation'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mind was telling me some strange and worrying things yesterday night :eek: need to make an extra effort today to stay busy!

spoilering just in case

Spoiler

:hugs:
Original post by Anon #2
First CBT session yesterday was really odd. She asked if I have been isolating myself from friends and I said yes but I know it's important that I don't so I try to meet them as much as I can. Then she was saying that maybe I should not go out if I don't want to? As if I was only going to please other people. I tried to get across to her that if I stayed in all the time and just gave up every time I didn't feel like doing something I'd probably be much worse but she wasn't getting it :dontknow:

Suicide/SH

Spoiler

Yeah that's not the best way of putting it really is it ... What she's probably trying to get across is that it's okay to do things on your terms and saying you want to stay in every now and then is okay! Also you can pick stuff to do and then ask people if they fancy it, stuff that you know you'll enjoy. You don't always have to show your face all the time to benefit from connecting with friends.

And the spoiler bit - not surprised you got pissed off with that... Should have startled her with a nice big YES I'M GLAD I CAN TALK OPENLY ABOUT THIS WITH YOU lol.
Confirmed my status as the biggest useless idiot ever :frown:
Took a bit of a breakdown earlier :cry2:

I just feel everything building up atm. My panics are back, my OCD is high - my compulsions aren't too bad but the obsessions and paranoia are bad and I keep worrying about silly things like my family don't love me and I am to blame for everything that is wrong atm which I know isn't true but the thoughts are so loud and persistant, especially with OCD. Feeling a bit better now.
Paranoid about things
Today is quite a proud day for me!! :woo:

Spoiler

I'm pissed off that the psychiatrist didn't reduce the clopixol depot even though she promised she would. But she was quick to increase my sertraline to 150mg she's such a bitch :mad: Also I have a PCOS appointment early tomorrow which I'm worried about but hoping it will explain some answers why I've been putting on weight.
Original post by Spock's Socks
Took a bit of a breakdown earlier :cry2:

I just feel everything building up atm. My panics are back, my OCD is high - my compulsions aren't too bad but the obsessions and paranoia are bad and I keep worrying about silly things like my family don't love me and I am to blame for everything that is wrong atm which I know isn't true but the thoughts are so loud and persistant, especially with OCD. Feeling a bit better now.

Original post by Anonymous
Paranoid about things

Sending *hugs* to both of you

Thank you :hugs:
i'm so out of it.
:grouphugs: for everyone

Today is quite a proud day for me!! :woo:

Spoiler

Well done! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have really crashed tonight. Really don't know how to get through this one...
Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd
Have really crashed tonight. Really don't know how to get through this one...

sorry i cant help more but sending *hugs*

Thank you lovely :hugs:
Hope you are ok too :smile:
Thank you lovely :hugs:
Hope you are ok too :smile:

Thank you, feeling a bit calmer now although still a bit annoyed with myself/frustrated. I'll probably be up and down for quite a while though.

Latest