The Student Room Group

Ocr as sources of law 2016

Just wondering if anyone is doing ocr as sources of law paper this friday (20th May 2016)

im resitting it and i was just wondering if you guys had any predictions?

I doubt statutory interpretation will come up as its come up 2 years in a row but you never know!

appreciate your replies guys x
Original post by Angel_xo
Just wondering if anyone is doing ocr as sources of law paper this friday (20th May 2016)

im resitting it and i was just wondering if you guys had any predictions?

I doubt statutory interpretation will come up as its come up 2 years in a row but you never know!

appreciate your replies guys x

Judicial precedent & Delegated legislation
My teachers have told me it is possible to be Delegated Legislation and Judicial Precedent. I'm also re-sitting :frown:
I'll be crying with happiness if i open that paper tomorrow and it says DL on it :smile:))))
Reply 4
Original post by AQA.EDEXCEL.OCR
I'll be crying with happiness if i open that paper tomorrow and it says DL on it :smile:))))

lool same I love delegated legislation it's bae lol

our teacher doesn't teach us EU law or civil so praying with doesn't come up again

if statutory interpretation comes up I'm gonna walk out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by benarchdale
My teachers have told me it is possible to be Delegated Legislation and Judicial Precedent. I'm also re-sitting :frown:

yeah same I did bad last year but I really want delegated legislation to come up

x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
They got to be kidding, 3 years of si in the row + horrific delegated legislation questions. **** them
Reply 7
Original post by 28657
They got to be kidding, 3 years of si in the row + horrific delegated legislation questions. **** them

IKR WTF

yeah I hated the first question though I liked the 5 markers but the last question was just advantages so that was annoying coz I could only think of 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Angel_xo
IKR WTF

yeah I hated the first question though I liked the 5 markers but the last question was just advantages so that was annoying coz I could only think of 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought exactly opposite, I couldn't think of any reasons why iii) was an Order in Council, the rest was fine. However, I would rather them to ask to discuss effectiveness of controls on DL in part c rather than advantages of delegated.
Reply 9
Original post by 28657
I thought exactly opposite, I couldn't think of any reasons why iii) was an Order in Council, the rest was fine. However, I would rather them to ask to discuss effectiveness of controls on DL in part c rather than advantages of delegated.

oh lool na the 5 markers were good it was just the first and last question coz I found it was really limited

I wrote orders in council because it's about passing or transferring powers to another part of the country and it only affects that part of Wales

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the B question I wrote ;

i) by law
ii) SI
iii) order in council

I can understand the reasoning behind switching ii & iii round though but it mentioned "government ministers" so that's why I put it as an SI but I think it was confusing because you could do it for either way , I thought the last was an OIC because it was to do with whole of England so thought the queen or privy council would have to introduce ?

On the C question I put 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages all developed because I thought you were always supposed to provide a balanced argument even if it just asked for advantages ?

Can someone help me out here
Reply 11
Original post by holly180815
For the B question I wrote ;

i) by law
ii) SI
iii) order in council

I can understand the reasoning behind switching ii & iii round though but it mentioned "government ministers" so that's why I put it as an SI but I think it was confusing because you could do it for either way , I thought the last was an OIC because it was to do with whole of England so thought the queen or privy council would have to introduce ?

On the C question I put 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages all developed because I thought you were always supposed to provide a balanced argument even if it just asked for advantages ?

Can someone help me out here

hey yeah I did the same I think it was si because it's purely education so it has to be made my the that particular minister even though it affects the whole of England, and the Welsh one was orders in council because its about passing power I think lool

and yeah the last question I was really confused but I just did advantages because that's what it said. I think if you had to do a balanced argument then it was say like what are advantages and disadvantages or to what is extent I think

tbh the questions were poorly written I think and they haven't asked any questions in that format before

I hated question 1 though x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Looking at past papers, they clearly state "discuss advantages/disadvantages" or "discuss advantages and disadvantages" so here you only needed to write about benefits.

Quick Reply

Latest