The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE Geography - 24th May 2016

Any predictions for topics/case studies? I know rivers hasn't come up since 2012 so that's pretty likely.
Reply 1
My teachers think that:
Rivers will come up for the physical geography content (as you said), and potentially something about desertification or weather and climate.
They don't think ecosystems will come up because that was 2015's main text. They also think that for the case studies, coasts and desertification are most likely as they haven't asked that yet throughout the new specification from 2014+. On the other hand, WJEC might not want to be predictable and give us something else...

For human...
They think there'll be something about access to housing and the services one for the case studies as those are the two that haven't come up since 2014 (new spec). For the main body...they say that national parks haven't come up in a while.

How are you revising? I'm finding difficulty trying to...
Reply 2
Original post by bmgaic
How are you revising? I'm finding difficulty trying to...

Yeah I can see those topics coming up. (But weren't the 2 6 markers in the physical geography section last year on desertification?)

And I use flashcards for case studies. Download Chegg Flashcards or Quizlet, you can search for flashcard decks people have already made so you don't have to bother making your own (although I prefer to edit them slightly to make it more suited to me).

For the topics I tend to watch videos. Just search the topic into YouTube you wish to revise and there will likely be videos on it. I suggest checking out the MinuteEarth YouTube channel, just scroll through the videos and a lot of them will likely be of use (some are more science based and some videos are a bit odd- but it's a good channel nonetheless whether for revision or just for finding out random new info). This playlist is also fairly helpful (not made by me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v61L_8R1hjQ&list=PLym9F_l_YF-AUCexGKBRNWo-bTnaxhv9E

And good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Gcseggw

Were they? I'm probably thinking of desertification as a case study then.

Yeah, I use Quizlet as case study stuff. It's more of the 6 markers that I sometimes get stuck on (lose 1/2 marks due to it not being specific enough - I try to name-drop now to just sneak into the top bands). And I spend too much time on them :colondollar:

For Human geography, I usually think a lot of it is common sense - though sometimes under pressure it's hard to come up with stuff. Physical is a bit more theory-based, which I sometimes prefer (depending on how they word it...).

Oh, and thanks for the youtube playlist! Good luck, too.
Reply 4
Original post by bmgaic
Physical is a bit more theory-based, which I sometimes prefer (depending on how they word it...).

Yeah I prefer physical geography much more (never met many people who feel the same though).

Doing geography a level?
Reply 5
Original post by Gcseggw
Yeah I prefer physical geography much more (never met many people who feel the same though).

Doing geography a level?

No, aha - not interested enough in it to continue. I'm doing physics, chemistry, maths and further maths. You?
Reply 6
Original post by bmgaic
No, aha - not interested enough in it to continue. I'm doing physics, chemistry, maths and further maths. You?

Maths, geography and economics definitely. Undecided if I want to do further maths or psychology for a fourth option.
Reply 7
what will come up for water on the land, the coast and restless earth
How did everyone find it ? :wink:)
Reply 9
I loved it, especially the weather and climate questions. Both topics that came up in both parts were my best. What about you?

Quick Reply