The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physical Education - Unit 1: Theory - Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Speedbird129
What was the question sorry?

Something about interval training and how they would adapt it
What did people put for Rose and the stations for agility and speed?
The hours of revision spent just for the exam to ask "Why do cyclists use bikes to train?"..
What did people put for Rose and the stations for agility and speed?

What I did was "Illinois Agility test" for agility, but adapted to hockey by making her weave in and out of cones while dribbling

The speed was a 30m sprint adapted by either running while dribbling or being able to receive a pass at the end of the 30m, so she would need to be ready.

I'm not sure about it but that's what I did
Original post by Razmatazz14
What I did was "Illinois Agility test" for agility, but adapted to hockey by making her weave in and out of cones while dribbling

The speed was a 30m sprint adapted by either running while dribbling or being able to receive a pass at the end of the 30m, so she would need to be ready.

I'm not sure about it but that's what I did

That sounds good. Should be full marks, can't see anything else you should have put.
Also, for the Power tests.
I wrote Standing forward jump test (I now know that it's the standing broad jump or standing long jump test)
What are the chances of me getting a mark for that? Along with Sargeant jump test
If you get 45 or below you cannot get an A* overall for GCSE PE. If you got around 42-44 marks in practical you would need a rough score of 58 for an A overall .
Also, for the Power tests.
I wrote Standing forward jump test (I now know that it's the standing broad jump or standing long jump test)
What are the chances of me getting a mark for that? Along with Sargeant jump test

From reading previous mark schemes, I would say fairly high as the mark scheme for the June 2012 says "Does not needto be word forword definition", relating to the definition of fitness. I would therefore assume this is the same for names of fitness tests.
From reading previous mark schemes, I would say fairly high as the mark scheme for the June 2012 says "Does not needto be word forword definition", relating to the definition of fitness. I would therefore assume this is the same for names of fitness tests.

Sorry that should say "Does not need to be word for word definition".
That sounds good. Should be full marks, can't see anything else you should have put.

Don't think that is right because that's the test for agility not an exercise you would include in a circuit

I wrote about cones and shuttle sprints do U think I'd get a mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone write for the last 6 market about the muscular and skeletal system? Struggled a bit with this one!
Last six marker you needed to mention about extensions and flexions at the knee and adduction and abduction of the leg because of the muscles, ie quadriceps and hamstring(mention these are an antagonistic pair and which one is the antagonist at each point and how gluteal muscles and abdominals move the leg from back to front , you basically just had to do a step by step of what each muscle was doing, you also had to mention the joint names like hinge joint or ball and socket, I've probably missed a load but if I carried on I would have to write my 6 marker!(could of also mentioned gastrocnemius to flex the foot up to kick the ball)
Posted from TSR Mobile

I talked about how she could use that to improve by pushing herself to do the test in a faster time, with fewer errors etc..?
Posted from TSR Mobile

But weren't we supposed to also show his the skeletal system helps that to occur?

You may be right, your answer seems a lot more convincing than mine, but after the antagonistic muscle pairs I went on the explain the muscle contractions, and how it generates power and movement, while the skeletal system helps movement (at the joints) and also keep the shape for the body, so she is stable when she kicks.

I'm not sure but that's what I did
I talked about antagonistic pairs and joints and the skeletal system and how that aids movement - I hope that's right...

I've need 60 for an overall A* - I'm not sure if I got it but I think I defo got an A... hopefully!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If we got 49/50 in practical, how much do we need in theory to get the A*
Posted from TSR Mobile

But weren't we supposed to also show his the skeletal system helps that to occur?

You may be right, your answer seems a lot more convincing than mine, but after the antagonistic muscle pairs I went on the explain the muscle contractions, and how it generates power and movement, while the skeletal system helps movement (at the joints) and also keep the shape for the body, so she is stable when she kicks.

I'm not sure but that's what I did

Yeah that's right but I never got round to doing it:frown:,tendons and ligaments should of been used as well I think but I didn't do all that:frown:
Reply 118
Original post by examhater44
If we got 49/50 in practical, how much do we need in theory to get the A*

59/80
Guys im making an unofficial markscheme for our edexcel pe......I remember most of the questions but not all so if u guys could help me by telling me some questions that would be great..

Quick Reply

Latest