The Student Room Group

Of Mice And Men

Apart from his dog and that fact he is of no use anymore, what else could you talk about Candy?
Reply 1
This is just off the top of my head in about 5 seconds but could you say that Candy symbolizes the reality of the outcome of that life. As much as Lennie and George talk about making something out of themselves, it will always end with the same outcome. A cycle that can't be broken. Candy is everyone in a sense. The failure to live a prosperous and successful life.TBH the idea sounded good in my head ;D

I hope you understand the overall idea...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RDMak
This is just off the top of my head in about 5 seconds but could you say that Candy symbolizes the reality of the outcome of that life. As much as Lennie and George talk about making something out of themselves, it will always end with the same outcome. A cycle that can't be broken. Candy is everyone in a sense. The failure to live a prosperous and successful life.TBH the idea sounded good in my head ;D

I hope you understand the overall idea...

Yeah I see what you are getting at, thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by GCSE2016Troop
Apart from his dog and that fact he is of no use anymore, what else could you talk about Candy?

Candy is used by Steinbeck to present the prejudice of ageism in the 1930,s and present the powerlessness of the Americans in that era. Also, you can talk about how the dream is important to candy and the theme of loneliness.........

Hope it is of any good

Quick Reply

Latest