The Student Room Group

Seriously angry at being told to do drugs test.

So I was at the security at Lanzarote airport as usual I emptied my pockets, removed my belt, etc so I had no metal on me. Passed through the metal detector and it beeped. A rude security guard told me to stop and stand still so I was expecting the usual feeler search but a minute later was then summoned to take my luggage from the belt (No please or thank you) and come this way to another guard who then swabbed my hands and luggage before saying no problem (no apology as you expect). I was then told to get away and take my luggage to the tables where other passengers Vamos Vamos! No apology of course.

Franco and Hitler would have been proud of them!

I've been to places like Russia etc and have never experience such rude degrading treatment and you'd expect it there!

Won't be going back to Lanzarote ever again. Hope their tourist industry goes bust!

I'm still furious :angry:

Scroll to see replies

They're just doing their job. Just hold it in
Dont you have gcse/as exams to do, I call bs
Original post by Sameerio
They're just doing their job. Just hold it in

I've nothing against them doing their job and support such checks to prevent trade of drugs terrorism etc. But being polite costs nothing.

"Please can you see my colleague,"
"Sorry for any inconvenience etc enjoy your journey."

Not Vamos Vamos Vamos or move move move.

If they were polite I'd have actually thanked them for doing such checks!

If these security people want to win the hearts and minds of people in the war against drugs, terror and ISIS etc then they need to treat customers with respect and drop the Gestapo style behaviour

This is supposed to be Europe in 2016 not North Korea 2016 or Germany in the 1930s!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
It was an explosives test, not a drugs swab.
Reply 5
Original post by Ambitious1999
So I was at the security at Lanzarote airport as usual I emptied my pockets, removed my belt, etc so I had no metal on me. Passed through the metal detector and it beeped. A rude security (Gestapo) guard told me to stop and stand still so I was expecting the usual feeler search but a minute later was then summoned to take my luggage from the belt (No please or thank you) and come this way to another Gestapo guard who then swabbed my hands and luggage before saying no problem (no apology as you expect). I was then told to get away and take my luggage to the tables where other passengers Vamos Vamos! No apology of course.

I've been to places like Russia etc and have never experience such rude degrading treatment and you'd expect it there!

Won't be going back to Lanzarote ever again. Hope their tourist industry goes bust!

Where was the drug test?
I've nothing against them doing their job and support such checks to prevent trade of drugs terrorism etc. But being polite costs nothing.

Please can you see my colleague.
Sorry for any inconvenience etc enjoy your journey.

If these security people want to win the hearts and minds of people in the war against drugs and ISIS etc then they need to treat customers with respect and drop the Gestapo style behaviour.

This is all well and good except for the fact that you're assuming they all spoke English.

"Please can you see my colleague,"
"Sorry for any inconvenience etc enjoy your journey."

If they were polite I'd have actually thanked them for doing such checks!

If these security people want to win the hearts and minds of people in the war against drugs, terror and ISIS etc then they need to treat customers with respect and drop the Gestapo style behaviour

This is supposed to be Europe in 2016 not North Korea 2016 or Germany in the 1930s!

Extreme comparisons lol. Perhaps, the dude got tired of apologizing? Who knows?
Original post by L'Evil Wolf
Dont you have gcse/as exams to do, I call bs

Yep I randomly make stories like this up..... I guess you never even need to pass security when you fly! If you experienced the degrading treatment I did then I'm sure you'd be angry too if not let's hope you get the experience I did next time you fly!

If you've nothing constructive to say don't respond to my threads!
Yep I randomly make stories like this up..... I guess you never even need to pass security when you fly! If you experienced the degrading treatment I did then I'm sure you'd be angry too if not let's hope you get the experience I did next time you fly!

If you've nothing constructive to say don't respond to my threads!

No I don't I fly privately so I wouldn't know, I don't go through all that security stuff

Ok
Original post by M14B
Where was the drug test?

They got a paper strip and rubbed it over my palms and tops of my hands and then my luggage before analysing it in a machine.
The result was obviously negative as I've never done drugs in my life and I'm quite anti-drugs.
Reply 11
They got a paper strip and rubbed it over my palms and tops of my hands and then my luggage before analysing it in a machine.
The result was obviously negative as I've never done drugs in my life and I'm quite anti-drugs.

I see
Reply 12
They are there to keep the airport secure. You aren't their "customer".
I went to Argentina once and they did unnecessary searches, No idea why.

One of the two guards said to the other "escoria británic" and the other guard laughed, No idea why.

This is another place I would not recommend going.
So I was at the security at Lanzarote airport as usual I emptied my pockets, removed my belt, etc so I had no metal on me. Passed through the metal detector and it beeped. A rude security (Gestapo) guard told me to stop and stand still so I was expecting the usual feeler search but a minute later was then summoned to take my luggage from the belt (No please or thank you) and come this way to another Gestapo guard who then swabbed my hands and luggage before saying no problem (no apology as you expect). I was then told to get away and take my luggage to the tables where other passengers Vamos Vamos! No apology of course.

Perhaps they read your threads on TSR and realised that only someone on an extreme amount of drugs could manage to write such threads?
Original post by 2016_GCSE
I went to Argentina once and they did unnecessary searches, No idea why.

One of the two guards said to the other "escoria británic" and the other guard laughed, No idea why.

This is another place I would not recommend going.

What a horrible and rude thing to say! You should have complained about that
Original post by offhegoes
They are there to keep the airport secure. You aren't their "customer".

I support airport security keeping us all safe from ISIS, drugs cartels etc 100% but if they want the public to support them in the war against terror and drugs cartels then they need to win peoples hearts and minds by simple things like being polite. I have no objection to random checks but it seems in Lanzarote you're guilty of being a terrorist, Daesh or member of a drugs cartel and treat like scum until proven innocent by their swab test and even then you're scum to them.
So, because they didn't apologise to you and didn't say 'please' as often as you'd like, they're comparable to the Gestapo?

Historical illiteracy at its finest. :tongue:
Reply 18
I support airport security keeping us all safe from ISIS, drugs cartels etc 100% but if they want the public to support them in the war against terror and drugs cartels then they need to win peoples hearts and minds by simple things like being polite. I have no objection to random checks but it seems in Lanzarote you're guilty of being a terrorist, Daesh or member of a drugs cartel and treat like scum until proven innocent by their swab test and even then you're scum to them.

They don't need to "win your heart and mind". They need you to do as you're told. They're checking for drugs/explosives, not fisting you.
Original post by offhegoes
They don't need to "win your heart and mind". They need you to do as you're told. They're checking for drugs/explosives, not fisting you.

Maybe but then it's no wonder so many people are becoming anti-establishment these days by joining anarchist and far leftwing or communist groups like Shinning path, as well as the thousands flocking to Syria to join the Daesh. Whilst I don't support these extremist groups is it any wonder that they do that because they feel alienated by governments, mistreat and disrespected by establishment and the organs of power. As I was at Lanzarote airport today. Not that I'm gonna support extremism in any wave shape or form lol.

Quick Reply

Latest