The Student Room Group

Seriously angry at being told to do drugs test.

Scroll to see replies

fake nattys everywhere
Reply 21
Original post by Ambitious1999
Maybe but then it's no wonder so many people are becoming anti-establishment these days by joining anarchist and far leftwing or communist groups like Shinning path, as well as the thousands flocking to Syria to join the Daesh. Whilst I don't support these extremist groups is it any wonder that they do that because they feel alienated by governments, mistreat and disrespected by establishment and the organs of power. As I was at Lanzarote airport today. Not that I'm gonna support extremism in any wave shape or form lol.

I think ISIS actually lists "rude airport officials" on its website as one of its main motivating factors.
Original post by Hydeman
So, because they didn't apologise to you and didn't say 'please' as often as you'd like, they're comparable to the Gestapo?

Historical illiteracy at its finest. :tongue:

Someone I know was once given a similar test at London Gatwick and the staff were polite and helpful during the test with plenty of Ps and Qs. If they can treat passengers with respect here then why can't they do the same in Lanzarote?
Original post by offhegoes
I think ISIS actually lists "rude airport officials" on its website as one of its main motivating factors.

Lol :wink:
Boo hoo. It's airport security not a sweet shop. You want to fly? You do what you're told, when you're told, where you're told and accept that other nations aren't as polite as the Brits. Get over it.
Reply 25
Original post by JamesN88
This is all well and good except for the fact that you're assuming they all spoke English.

There are worse airports. At Ben Gurion Airport, Jerusalem, the Israeli security is famous for checking with x-ray each item of clothing separately - eg. each sock, each boxer, etc.
Maybe but then it's no wonder so many people are becoming anti-establishment these days by joining anarchist and far leftwing or communist groups like Shinning path, as well as the thousands flocking to Syria to join the Daesh. Whilst I don't support these extremist groups is it any wonder that they do that because they feel alienated by governments, mistreat and disrespected by establishment and the organs of power. As I was at Lanzarote airport today. Not that I'm gonna support extremism in any wave shape or form lol.

Lol, your posts never cease to amaze me. You weren't mistreated by the organs of power and the establishment, you went through airport security and the staff were possibly a bit grumpy and/or possibly didn't speak English, which I pointed out before but you ignored.

Get over it!!!

I'm guessing you mean the Shining Path who are from Peru, not the Shinning Path? How in the hell does increased airport security make you want to join a South American guerilla force?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
There are worse airports. At Ben Gurion Airport, Jerusalem, the Israeli security is famous for checking with x-ray each item of clothing separately - eg. each sock, each boxer, etc.

Damn that's extreme, I suppose in fairness they've got more than most to be worried about though.
Is OP suffering from 'roid rage'? :tongue:
I thought you said that you had to do a drug test? It sounds more like a test for explosives. Have to do a drug test on Tuesday. I've never done a drug test before. Even though I know I'm going to pass I'm still a little nervous.
Reply 30
Original post by JamesN88
Damn that's extreme, I suppose in fairness they've got more than most to be worried about though.

The thing is that they ask very intrusive questions and make a lot of racial profiling.

Read this story: http://mondoweiss.net/2012/06/do-you-feel-more-arab-or-more-american-two-arab-american-womens-story-of-being-detained-and-interrogated-at-ben-gurion/
I assuming you've flown many times before, you have to remember that there are random searches done all the time. I think it's a huge overeaction to be like this - Lanzarote is a huge party places and people bring in drugs all the time so it is 100% reasonable for them to what they did. AHAHAHA are you seriously comparing your 10 minute delay at airport security to the plight of millions?

I think you're just a little worked up over this mate, if you take a step back from the situation you'd realise that you were just a subject of a random explosives/drugs scan which is 100% normal and to be expected every now and again in airports. Why you've reacted so badly to this is beyond me - the only reason I can think of is that they weren't as polite as you wanted them to be; perhaps if you'd spent your entire day swabbing bags and dealing with pissed off flyers who ignore the need for universal safety checks and think they can swan through without the occasional minor probing you'd a little grumpy. No doubt you weren't exactly pleasant to them either?

Have a reality check mate, you're not an oppressed nation, you just had someone rub a little bit of cloth over your hands and bag at an airport without saying please or thankyou, they didn't **** your cat.
Someone I know was once given a similar test at London Gatwick and the staff were polite and helpful during the test with plenty of Ps and Qs. If they can treat passengers with respect here then why can't they do the same in Lanzarote?

Perhaps the staff at Lanzarote were fed up of lads on tour coming through drunk, perhaps they had a violent person come through an hour ago and weren't in a good mood. They are security staff not hotel staff, they are there for safety not to tie your shoes for you and give you a quickie behind the x-ray machine to say sorry...
I know, But I still don't know why someone from Argentina would say such words.
Original post by 2016_GCSE
I know, But I still don't know why someone from Argentina would say such words.

You really don't know? :erm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkland_Islands_sovereignty_dispute
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War
They got a paper strip and rubbed it over my palms and tops of my hands and then my luggage before analysing it in a machine.
The result was obviously negative as I've never done drugs in my life and I'm quite anti-drugs.

So why does that make it a drugs test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Wolf
No I don't I fly privately so I wouldn't know, I don't go through all that security stuff

Ok

i do fly privately and i have yet to be tested in almost 5 years of traveling to europe, south africa and the US
Original post by jamesthehustler
i do fly privately and i have yet to be tested in almost 5 years of traveling to europe, south africa and the US

yes that is the benefit of flying privately :biggrin:
Original post by L'Evil Wolf
yes that is the benefit of flying privately :biggrin:

it is nice to do i get the full works now i call the airport and get the cheap option
chauffeured bentley
champagne pre-flight
open bar and a medium steak and chips on the plane
chauffeured car to my hotel once we land
ok it £2,000 each way or £3,000 as a package but well worth it
considering

Quick Reply

Latest