The Student Room Group

Thomas Cook Work Experience?

I'm looking for travel work experience in the midlands. Thomson and Thomas Cook have got back to me and was wondering if anyone here has done work experience with them?
Original post by SeanMW
I'm looking for travel work experience in the midlands. Thomson and Thomas Cook have got back to me and was wondering if anyone here has done work experience with them?

My friend did work experience at Thomas Cook when we were studying BTEC National Diploma Travel and Tourism. She said it was very good training, showing you how the industry actually works and you get to meet good people there. This was about 5 years ago though.
Reply 2
Original post by Boreism
My friend did work experience at Thomas Cook when we were studying BTEC National Diploma Travel and Tourism. She said it was very good training, showing you how the industry actually works and you get to meet good people there. This was about 5 years ago though.

Thank you :smile:
Thanks
Original post by saudinha sanca
Thanks

As I mentioned, my former fellow course mate used to be an intern at Thomas Cook.
However I used to be an intern at First Choice Holidays too.
I know it's not the same company but they essentially operate the same way.
In travel agents you will be doing basic office administration tasks such as calling people making bookings on behalf of customers.
I don't fully remember as it was 6 years ago but it's nothing hard or complicated.
But it's actually a great start into the sector as it is hands on practical knowledge. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending