The Student Room Group

Stress is making me kind of ill

I've only had two exams so far but both times, two days before the exam my stomach turns to mush. I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm never like this.
I've had diahorrea (sorry for being blunt but it happens in life) and my stomach constantly makes bubbling noises. I'm fine the day after the exam though. I'm just worried that in one of my exams I'm going to pull a Will from the inbetweeners. Also a bit gassy too :wink:

I'm a very healthy person so I can say with confidence that I don't think it's my diet causing this. I don't feel mentally stressed at all, except from around an hour or two before an exam. Is there anyway of stopping this? I would really like to go out without having the frequent dilemma of trusting the fart or not. Hahaha!
Original post by Anonymous
I've only had two exams so far but both times, two days before the exam my stomach turns to mush. I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm never like this.
I've had diahorrea (sorry for being blunt but it happens in life) and my stomach constantly makes bubbling noises. I'm fine the day after the exam though. I'm just worried that in one of my exams I'm going to pull a Will from the inbetweeners. Also a bit gassy too :wink:

I'm a very healthy person so I can say with confidence that I don't think it's my diet causing this. I don't feel mentally stressed at all, except from around an hour or two before an exam. Is there anyway of stopping this? I would really like to go out without having the frequent dilemma of trusting the fart or not. Hahaha!

Was... was... was the winking emoji intentional? :rofl: Bit of a weird usage tbh... :colondollar:

Have you got a decent sleeping schedule, exercising, etc?
Reply 2
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Was... was... was the winking emoji intentional? :rofl: Bit of a weird usage tbh... :colondollar:

Have you got a decent sleeping schedule, exercising, etc?

I tried to be funny, I'll stop now :s-smilie:.
I have a very very very bad sleep schedule, and I exercise when I can; usually in the form of cycling or running.
Original post by Anonymous
I tried to be funny, I'll stop now :s-smilie:.
I have a very very very bad sleep schedule, and I exercise when I can; usually in the form of cycling or running.

You should probably try to adapt the sleeping schedule then, (I say this at 3:30am smh) because on some people it can cause havoc. But overall, definitely go to your doctor about this, it seems like you need some help/treatment/diet monitoring. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
You should probably try to adapt the sleeping schedule then, (I say this at 3:30am smh) because on some people it can cause havoc. But overall, definitely go to your doctor about this, it seems like you need some help/treatment/diet monitoring. :h:

I've had really bad insomnia for most of my life, but thank you anyway!
Reply 5
This is very normal when experiencing any kind of emotional distress such as anxiety or stress itself. Whenever I feel like this, the emotion comes out on my bowel and not my face :colondollar:

The best tips I can give for when you're in this state is eat light, don't eat anything greasy or heavy as that'll make your bloating and cramps worse. If you feel like you'll have diarrhea during an exam then take some Imodium tablets. They may cause some bloating but they will at least stop you from ******* yourself during an exam

Your symptoms will improve once your exams are over although the symptoms won't disappear of all a sudden. It can take your body a few days or even a week or so to fully come down from a highly stressful period but you should notice improvements every day.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest