The Student Room Group

The evil eye

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by HAnwar
From doing the things animeamanda1412 listed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

reading your athkar (whats this??) , making duaa (saying what exactly..)
Original post by queen-bee
My fellow medittaraneans,Turks,Arabs/middle easterners and everyone else..do you believe in the evil eye? Or the ayn al hasad

Do you wear a nazar bead around your neck or have them around the house as you enter or in other room? I've attached a picture of one for those that don't know what a nazar is
image.jpeg
Is this just a crazy thing that's part of our culture or does the evil eye actually exist??

No it exists lots, in Pakistani culture it's well known haha as nazar
and you have to burn sugar to get rid of it, a certain weight. I don't know how much exactly but you burn it on the pan you cook chappatis on until it melts and smokes.
Then it will automatically get removed :smile:
Strange it sounds, but it's true!
Reply 62
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
My grandmother and me are both Hindus. She's way more superstitious than I am though. She gave me a necklace to wear for nazar and I ended up losing it. I wasn't too bothered because I don't believe in it :tongue:

Oh makes sense
Evil Eye

*Made in China
Original post by OGGUS
I believe in it, i got reallly sick(lost wait weight and face became small and so on) after a bit and then they(parents) found out i got evil eye. I'm fine now it happened 2 or more times in the past couple of weeks

How do you find these things out? What do you do to put it right?
My fellow medittaraneans,Turks,Arabs/middle easterners and everyone else..do you believe in the evil eye? Or the ayn al hasad

Do you wear a nazar bead around your neck or have them around the house as you enter or in other room? I've attached a picture of one for those that don't know what a nazar is
image.jpeg
Is this just a crazy thing that's part of our culture or does the evil eye actually exist??

I thought you were Christian? Does the religion believe in this.
Reply 66
Original post by champ_mc99
I thought you were Christian? Does the religion believe in this.

Yes sir. Its more of a cultural thing than a religious practice but there are apparently mentions of the evil eye withing passages of the bible.In Italy,which is largely Roman Catholic,we believe in the same principle but you usually wear a horn kind of necklace.in Greece they also feel the same way. It's basically the same thing,being jealous and envious of someone which can then cause physical affliction on another human being. They have it in other Eastern European countries too which are Christian nations. The evil eye is still believed by many Christians in those countries but it's more of a cultural thing for us than a religious things
Reply 67
Original post by Kutie Karen
How do you find these things out? What do you do to put it right?

Do an istakhara, but you can usually tell if you got nazar because you can't just get so ill out of the blue.
That blue eye from turkey is part of culture, but evil eye does exist in terms of religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Indeterminate
Meh.. it's all superstition :lol:

If you believe in the evil eye then you might as well believe in harry potter

Brb running into the wall at platform 9 and 3/4.....let's hope I don't get a concussion

Posted from TSR Mobile

image.jpeg

I'm not Arab or Turkish. But it does exist because my dad's crazy mum used it on my dad!
It's black magic.
(edited 7 years ago)

image.jpeg

Evil eye exists but using those things to stop them is haram.
Reply 72
Original post by *Alisha*
I'm not Arab or Turkish. But it does exist because my dad's crazy mum used it on my dad!
I's black magic.

Wht exactly happened? See I know it exists but I'm just wary of how it exactly works..
Original post by Cherx
Wht exactly happened? See I know it exists but I'm just wary of how it exactly works..

I don't really know how it works. But I know it's a satanic act....well obviously.

I found out how you do it. Have a look at this website....but don't actually try it on someone!

http://www.spellsofmagic.com/spells/luck_spells/bad_luck_spells/3892/page.html
Reply 74
Original post by *Alisha*
I don't really know how it works. But I know it's a satanic act....well obviously.

I found out how you do it. Have a look at this website....but don't actually try it on someone!

http://www.spellsofmagic.com/spells/luck_spells/bad_luck_spells/3892/page.html

It sounds crazy. I don't know how any normal person could do it :/
Original post by Cherx
It sounds crazy. I don't know how any normal person could do it :/

I know! and that website is not helping people fix up their intentions:s-smilie:
I sort of believe in it, and people have bought me necklaces and bracelets with the evil eye but i dont wear them because they do not go with anything.
What a load of nonsense. I challenge anyone to put the evil eye on me.
Original post by OGGUS
Do an istakhara, but you can usually tell if you got nazar because you can't just get so ill out of the blue.

Sorry what does that mean? What do you need to do? thanks
Reply 79
Original post by Kutie Karen
Sorry what does that mean? What do you need to do? thanks

Isthakara, it's something someone who has the ileem(knowledge or something don't know how to translate this word). Burn sugar after going around and listening to surahs like durood e taj and listening to ruqyah and so forth.

Quick Reply

Latest