The Student Room Group

Official IGCSE Spanish Edexcel 20th May 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cornflakeexpert
definitely. we did last year's for our mock (slowed down) and it was quite hard. i found this year pretty easy by comparison, although the last question and the one about the spanish movie with a teacher were both quite difficult

What did you get for the extreme sports and movie
Original post by 123Master321
What did you get for the extreme sports and movie

can't remember exactly, i think for the movie i got:
-director was from madrid
-he taught languages
-the adventure started when he left his job (probs wrong tho)
-he only had what he needed
-he found the boys when he stopped in the road
-it was educational (again pretty sure this is wrong)

for the extreme sports i only remember :
-you need the right clothing
-safety is expensive
-it helps you stop being bored
-helps you in your everyday life
Reply 62
definitely. we did last year's for our mock (slowed down) and it was quite hard. i found this year pretty easy by comparison, although the last question and the one about the spanish movie with a teacher were both quite difficult

yeah the movie question had so many traps. On the one about what subject the teacher taught i crossed all the boxes before getting the right answer finally
Reply 63
-he taught languages

-safety is expensive

i think the movie was funny coz she said she laughed a lot
Original post by igggy
yeah the movie question had so many traps. On the one about what subject the teacher taught i crossed all the boxes before getting the right answer finally

omg i crossed out so many boxes rip my pen
Original post by igggy
i think the movie was funny coz she said she laughed a lot

ya i was talking to my friend afterwards and she said that too i just didnt hear it aha
-he taught languages

-safety is expensive

Wasn't the movie a comedy? I heard she laughed a lot. For the rest I found the same yay except I put the director was from Barcelona is that wrong?
Original post by 123Master321
Rosa was the example on travelling far. One question was
'it was harder before now it is easier' - Rosa
'Compro linea' - Victor
'mundo virtual' - Julian
'contact with family' - Julian
'cannot use computer sometimes' - Julian

Yeah, that's what I got. Although it put me off a bit that Rosa and Victor had one but Julian had three...
Original post by bazinga19
Wasn't the movie a comedy? I heard she laughed a lot. For the rest I found the same yay except I put the director was from Barcelona is that wrong?

I put the film was a comedy, although the director was from Madrid, the film got an award in Barcelona, which was a bit of a red herring. :angry:
Original post by irfugigfea
I put the film was a comedy, although the director was from Madrid, the film got an award in Barcelona, which was a bit of a red herring. :angry:

Damn I heard Barcelona and thought I'd found the correct answer :s-smilie: Oh well, can't get them all right. I hope someone uploades a mark scheme soon I want to check my other answers!
Damn I heard Barcelona and thought I'd found the correct answer :s-smilie: Oh well, can't get them all right. I hope someone uploades a mark scheme soon I want to check my other answers!

Yeah it was a bit tough because they didn't even say Madrid, they said he was madrileno (with a squiggle over the n :smile:), which is the Madrid equivalent of a Londoner. Not fair!
Yeah it was a bit tough because they didn't even say Madrid, they said he was madrileno (with a squiggle over the n :smile:), which is the Madrid equivalent of a Londoner. Not fair!

I can't believe they'd do that, why do they hate us? There's no way I would have caught that :tongue:
I can't believe they'd do that, why do they hate us? There's no way I would have caught that :tongue:

Not the easiest listening I've done in my life :tongue:. Especially since I did French on Tuesday and thought that was quite a bit easier.
Reply 73
Not the easiest listening I've done in my life :tongue:. Especially since I did French on Tuesday and thought that was quite a bit easier.

I did french last year but every one else in my year who did it this year said it was really hard so lucky you!
Original post by igggy
I did french last year but every one else in my year who did it this year said it was really hard so lucky you!

:biggrin: I just can't wait for the exams to be over! and I'm not even half way..
Reply 75
:biggrin: I just can't wait for the exams to be over! and I'm not even half way..

same people in my year have like seven left when ive got 12 still
Original post by igggy
same people in my year have like seven left when ive got 12 still

Yeah I think I've got 13 :frown:
Yeah I think I've got 13 :frown:

i have 15 : (
i have 15 : (

Which subjects are you taking?
same i think they'll be average tho

Quick Reply