The Student Room Group

Ocr gcse pe tommorow - 20th may 2016 - how are we feeling?

Hey guys, just wondering how we are all feeling for tomorrows B451 exam? The grade boundaries better not go up..besides, I don't think it will be physically possible to get an A* if they do!

Are there any topics anyone is stuck with? I'll try my best to help?

Also good luck guys! :smile:
Reply 1
Hi Emily I also took my pe exam today, did you want to discuss answers to questions? How do you think it went?
Original post by Tobyd000
Hi Emily I also took my pe exam today, did you want to discuss answers to questions? How do you think it went?

Hey Toby! I really liked this paper although they were the hardest set of multiple choice questions I've ever seen! The 3 marker about sportsmanship was a toughie too but apart from that, I really enjoyed it!:smile: How did you find it?
Reply 3
Original post by emilyjean113
Hey Toby! I really liked this paper although they were the hardest set of multiple choice questions I've ever seen! The 3 marker about sportsmanship was a toughie too but apart from that, I really enjoyed it!:smile: How did you find it?

Hmm yeah, which multiple choice ones did you find hard? It's probably due to the fact that they can't keep thinking of ones from the syllabus so they have to add in some harder ones🤔 That's interesting, for sportsmanship I spoke about
-enjoyment
-abide by rules
-role models
And mentioned shaking opponents hand before and after, helping someone up after a poor tackle and clapping a batsmen off or on when playing cricket.
I also found the flexibility, old age and possibly location hard, and with the last question I identified about 5 of the 6 factors of health and wellbeing and described with an example is that enough? Let me know 😊
Hmm yeah, which multiple choice ones did you find hard? It's probably due to the fact that they can't keep thinking of ones from the syllabus so they have to add in some harder ones🤔 That's interesting, for sportsmanship I spoke about
-enjoyment
-abide by rules
-role models
And mentioned shaking opponents hand before and after, helping someone up after a poor tackle and clapping a batsmen off or on when playing cricket.
I also found the flexibility, old age and possibly location hard, and with the last question I identified about 5 of the 6 factors of health and wellbeing and described with an example is that enough? Let me know 😊

I wrote similar things for sportsmanship too! For the flexibility one I was talking about being able to participate more easily in sport (but I kinda just made up loads of stuff for that question! haha xD) and the old age one i put:
- lack of confidence
- no role models
- other hobbies or may not be fit enough to participate
and a couple of other things too but i cant remember :/

and the location one was a bit tricky too! I just combined it with climate and culture and also transport and lack of facilities..I didn't like that question either :frown:

For the last question I discussed the factors of health and well being too! I also wrote about health screening and fitness testing but I'm not sure...I just wrote loads because it was the last question and I had loads of time left:wink:
Reply 5
I wrote similar things for sportsmanship too! For the flexibility one I was talking about being able to participate more easily in sport (but I kinda just made up loads of stuff for that question! haha xD) and the old age one i put:
- lack of confidence
- no role models
- other hobbies or may not be fit enough to participate
and a couple of other things too but i cant remember :/

and the location one was a bit tricky too! I just combined it with climate and culture and also transport and lack of facilities..I didn't like that question either :frown:

For the last question I discussed the factors of health and well being too! I also wrote about health screening and fitness testing but I'm not sure...I just wrote loads because it was the last question and I had loads of time left:wink:

Sounds like you did good 😉 453 this week then we can only wait 😁 What are you hoping for and good luck with your others! What are you taking next year ?
Sounds like you did good 😉 453 this week then we can only wait 😁 What are you hoping for and good luck with your others! What are you taking next year ?

OMG YEAH! 453 is gunna be harder because there is so much more content in my opinion...Hopefully a bit of revision and some past papers will give me confidence!

I'm really hoping for an A although my teacher said that if I can get really high marks on both papers I could potentially come out with an A* which is so difficult in PE because the grade boundaries are so high!

Next year, at sixth form, I'm hoping to do Biology, Chemistry, PE and History..I think I want to go and do a biomedical course at University or maybe Medicine? How about you? What do you want to achieve and what are you taking next year?
Reply 7
OMG YEAH! 453 is gunna be harder because there is so much more content in my opinion...Hopefully a bit of revision and some past papers will give me confidence!

I'm really hoping for an A although my teacher said that if I can get really high marks on both papers I could potentially come out with an A* which is so difficult in PE because the grade boundaries are so high!

Next year, at sixth form, I'm hoping to do Biology, Chemistry, PE and History..I think I want to go and do a biomedical course at University or maybe Medicine? How about you? What do you want to achieve and what are you taking next year?

Yeah agreed, then again you don't need as higher marks on this one to get high UMS, but they balance out really. Currently my UMS is 89, so i need 71/80 for an A, so hopefully I can just manage it! Very nice too, that sounds great!

I am intending on taking Economics, Geography and Business, however I may swap geography for maths, we'll see, no idea on university degree :/

Quick Reply

Latest