The Student Room Group

pretty sure i'm gonna fail biology (old spec AQA)

So I took biology as it looked super interesting (which it still is, don't get me wrong I love a lot of the content) and have done my best to work hard - I even hired a biology tutor and nothing is helping. I'm almost guaranteed to fail - i'm resitting unit 1 as well, adding to the stress. I take four subjects so it isn't as big a deal as it may be for other people but I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me - and if so, are you going to study still? I'm still gonna revise for the exams, but i'm gonna look at it as an 'oh well' sort of thing if I fail and not beat myself up about it
Original post by Megst
So I took biology as it looked super interesting (which it still is, don't get me wrong I love a lot of the content) and have done my best to work hard - I even hired a biology tutor and nothing is helping. I'm almost guaranteed to fail - i'm resitting unit 1 as well, adding to the stress. I take four subjects so it isn't as big a deal as it may be for other people but I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me - and if so, are you going to study still? I'm still gonna revise for the exams, but i'm gonna look at it as an 'oh well' sort of thing if I fail and not beat myself up about it

Biology was my hardest subject, it was something I really struggled with, it just something about the way the questions were worded that didn't suit me, it did't matter that I knew the material I struggled to apply it.
My best advice would be to just do your best at the end of the day thats all you can do. I hope it works out for you. Don't forget to look over as many past papers as you can, sometimes it helps you to understand what the examiners are looking for, take a look the examiners reports as well as the mark schemes, you might find it surprising helpful.

All the best. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending