The Student Room Group

Resits

Would i be able to resit a single module in maths next year (c1) with all those changes happening
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by emmz2123
Would i be able to resit a single module in maths next year (c1) with all those changes happening

Sorry, if this is generic advice... I have no idea what changes are happening.

But, you could email the exam board?
Original post by emmz2123

Yes.
There are no changes happening to maths A level exams next year. Exams on the current specification are available until summer 2018 (new candidates) and summer 2019 (resits only)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
Yes.
There are no changes happening to maths exams next year. Exams on this specification are available until summer 2018 (new candidates) and summer 2019 (resits only)

Posted from TSR Mobile

can uk students who have done gce a level maths, give ials in a different country?
Reply 5
Original post by L'Evil Wolf
can uk students who have done gce a level maths, give ials in a different country?

I can't see any reason why taking A levels in the UK would prevent you taking them elsewhere. It's all to do with where the centre is.
Original post by Compost
I can't see any reason why taking A levels in the UK would prevent you taking them elsewhere. It's all to do with where the centre is.

Interesting thanks.

Is there any exam boards where you can give a level exams in uk in november/january etc.

From what I am aware, edexcel ial is only open to internationals - unsure about cie
Reply 7
Original post by L'Evil Wolf
Is there any exam boards where you can give a level exams in uk in november/january etc.

From what I am aware, edexcel ial is only open to internationals - unsure about cie

IAL is only for international students. I think CIE will continue to offer October/November A levels that could be taken in the UK though you will struggle find centres that accept candidates (3A tutors in Bristol maybe?)

The only other possible option would be WJEC in Wales only. Not being in Wales I'm not sure but they weren't subject to the English ban on January exams.
Original post by Compost
IAL is only for international students. I think CIE will continue to offer October/November A levels that could be taken in the UK though you will struggle find centres that accept candidates (3A tutors in Bristol maybe?)

The only other possible option would be WJEC in Wales only. Not being in Wales I'm not sure but they weren't subject to the English ban on January exams.

Thank you for your help and information.

Quick Reply

Latest